Instant Pot Dump and Start Alfredo made completely from scratch in under 20 minutes! This rich, creamy & dreamy meal is picky eater and kid friendly- making this meal a no-brainer!
Watch how easy it is to make Alfredo in your Instant Pot in this video!
Alfredo. Do you know what is better than alfredo? Alfredo made from scratch in under 20 minutes..with only 5 (okay, 7 if you count salt & pepper) ingredients? Yeah, I went there.
We eat this for dinner probably once a week because it is seriously SO delicious! I try to save it for a day of the week where I know I will be short on time, but let’s be honest, it’s so good that I will make it even when I’ve got all the time in the world.
This is a fool-proof recipe- great for newbies, seasoned Instant Potters, and totally kid approved!
Okay, let’s do this thang.
Chicken broth, heavy cream, minced garlic, salt, pepper & noodles broken in half go into the pot. Make sure that all of the noodles are covered in liquid.
Manual high pressure for 6 minutes. (I like my noodles with a little bite to them, if you like yours softer I’d recommend cooking for a minute or two longer.) Let it naturally release the pressure for 6 minutes. The display will read L0:06 and then you can quick release.
It will be very liquidy when you take the lid off. That is a-okay and totally normal. Let it sit and cool for about a minute or so (very important!!) and then add in some parmesan cheese. You’ll want the real thing. None of that powdered stuff.
Gradually stir in the cheese. The cheese will melt into the sauce and thicken it.
Aaaand then, serve it up and say Bon Appetit! Serve alongside some Oven Roasted Broccoli!
Want something a little lighter? Try my Skinny Alfredo!
Don’t want to use heavy cream? Check out the Skinny version of this recipe!
Don't Miss Out!!
Get all things food with a splash of real life right to your inbox!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Dump and Start Instant Pot Alfredo
(Printable Recipe Below)
Perfectly delicious alfredo in under 20 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb dry linguine noodles broken in half
- 3/4-1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Add the broth, cream, garlic, salt, pepper and noodles to the instant pot in that order. DO NOT STIR, but make sure all noodles are covered. If you need to move some noodles around, thats okay.
- Set your Instant Pot to Manual for 6 minutes (I like my noodles with a little bite to them, if you like yours softer I’d recommend cooking for a minute or two longer) and then let it naturally release its pressure for an additional 6 minutes then quick release.
- Let the noodles and sauce sit for a minute or so. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Your cheese will not melt into the sauce if it doesn’t cool for a minute or two.
- Gradually stir in the parmesan cheese.
- It’s ready to eat, Enjoy!
This recipe can easily be doubled!
Leftovers are best when you add a splash of milk in after it is reheated.