Crumbl Cookies are a rich, GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe loaded with milk chocolate chips and best served warm.
Crumbl Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookie
A Crumbl chocolate chip cookie, in my opinion, is THE PERFECT chocolate chip cookie. An enormous cookie studded with big milk chocolate chips. It is thick and crisp on the outside, while still being chewy and perfect on the inside. This copy cat recipe will give you all the chocolate chip goodness of a Crumbl cookie, but at a fraction of the price!
What are Crumbl Cookies?
If you have never had a Crumbl cookie, you are missing out. Every week they feature 4 different flavors of cookies (I personally love the Chocolate Oreo and Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie) but ALWAYS every week they have their best selling, classic chocolate chip cookie and Chilled Sugar. My copy cat recipe will give you that same Crumbl experience in your very own kitchen. Which is a game changer for the budget. Keep tabs with all of my Crumbl Copycat Recipes!
One of the best things about these copy cat cookies is the SIZE! They are absolutely HUGE! We usually cut them in halves or fourths, but no judgement here if you tackle one of these bad boys by yourself. I guarantee you will want to.
Ingredients In Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter- I use salted butter, but if you are using unsalted, just add a few extra pinches of salt to the recipe…because salt makes everything taste better.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- The recipe calls for more brown sugar than white because brown sugar is key to taste and texture. It helps create that perfect chewy texture that you want in a cookie!
- Vanilla- Read the recipe carefully, that is TABLESPOONS of vanilla, not teaspoons. All that vanilla is really going to help us replicate the Crumbl flavor.
- Flour- Plain old All Purpose flour will work perfectly.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder- Using both baking soda and baking powder will help us get a thick chewy cookie.
- Chocolate Chips- Crumbl infamously uses the big Guittard milk chocolate chips, they are high quality. They melt well and stay soft in the cookie, but if you can’t find them, or if you have a preferred brand that is okay too. Every now and then Crumbl will do a semi sweet chocolate chip cookie as their cookie of the week. So it wouldn’t be totally blasphemous to use semi sweet in this recipe if that’s your thing.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies from Crumbl
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. I bake this cookie at a slightly higher temperature because we want the insides of these cookies to stay nice a gooey while the outside has that nice golden color.
With your stand or hand mixer cream together your butter and sugar. Keep mixing until the butter and sugar are smooth, about 2 minutes, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix again. You will want to keep mixing until it is light in color and creamy.
Now add your dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined. You do not want to over mix the flour or you will begin to activate the gluten and give your cookies more of a bread/cake like consistency, and you do not want that! That would spoil what makes this cookie AMAZING!
Fold the chocolate chips in gently and divide into 1/2 cup portions. Roll your cookies into a ball and place 6 on your cookie sheet. You can add a few extra chocolate chips to the top if you want them to look fancy.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. When the cookies start to turn a nice golden brown, remove them from the oven but keep them on the baking sheet for another 20 minutes. This will allow them to continue to cook as they cool. After 20 minutes transfer them to a cooling rack or dig in and enjoy! They will still be warm, don’t worry!
Can I make smaller Crumbl Cookies?
I warned you earlier that these cookies are huge, that is part of why they feel so special and indulgent. This recipe makes 12 BIG cookies, but if you prefer you can make them smaller. Just reduce the bake time. You can also easily half the recipe if desired.
Cookie Storage Recommendations
the cookies will store great in an airtight bag or container for 3 days.
And that’s it! All the decadent indulgence of a Crumbl cookie but for a fraction of the cost, and in your own kitchen, where the cold milk is always close by.
More Amazing Crumbl Cookie Recipes
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies
- Crumbl Birthday Cake Cookie
- Key Lime Crumbl Cookies
- Cosmic Brownie Cookies
Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups guittard milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion out the dough into 1/2 cup portions. Roll into a ball and arrange 6 onto each cookie sheet. Add extra chocolate chips to the top if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are turning golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 20 minutes before serving or transferring to a wire rack.