Crumbl Cookies are a rich, GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe loaded with milk chocolate chips and best served warm.
Crumbl Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookie
A Crumbl chocolate chip cookie, in my opinion, is THE PERFECT chocolate chip cookie. An enormous cookie studded with big milk chocolate chips. It is thick and crisp on the outside, while still being chewy and perfect on the inside. This copy cat recipe will give you all the chocolate chip goodness of a Crumbl cookie, but at a fraction of the price!
What are Crumbl Cookies?
If you have never had a Crumbl cookie, you are missing out. Every week they feature 4 different flavors of cookies (I personally love the Chocolate Oreo and Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie) but ALWAYS every week they have their best selling, classic chocolate chip cookie and Chilled Sugar. My copy cat recipe will give you that same Crumbl experience in your very own kitchen. Which is a game changer for the budget. Keep tabs with all of my Crumbl Copycat Recipes!
One of the best things about these copy cat cookies is the SIZE! They are absolutely HUGE! We usually cut them in halves or fourths, but no judgement here if you tackle one of these bad boys by yourself. I guarantee you will want to.
Ingredients In Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter- I use salted butter, but if you are using unsalted, just add a few extra pinches of salt to the recipe…because salt makes everything taste better.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- The recipe calls for more brown sugar than white because brown sugar is key to taste and texture. It helps create that perfect chewy texture that you want in a cookie!
- Vanilla Extract– Read the recipe carefully, that is TABLESPOONS of vanilla, not teaspoons. All that vanilla is really going to help us replicate the Crumbl flavor.
- Flour- Plain old All Purpose flour will work perfectly.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder– Using both baking soda and baking powder will help us get a thick chewy cookie.
- Chocolate Chips– Crumbl infamously uses the big Guittard milk chocolate chips, they are high quality. They melt well and stay soft in the cookie, but if you can’t find them, or if you have a preferred brand that is okay too. Every now and then Crumbl will do a semi sweet chocolate chip cookie as their cookie of the week. So it wouldn’t be totally blasphemous to use semi sweet in this recipe if that’s your thing.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies from Crumbl
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. I bake this cookie at a slightly higher temperature because we want the insides of these cookies to stay nice a gooey while the outside has that nice golden color.
With your stand or hand mixer cream together your butter and sugar. Keep mixing until the butter and sugar are smooth, about 2 minutes, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix again. You will want to keep mixing until it is light in color and creamy.
Now add your dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined. You do not want to over mix the flour or you will begin to activate the gluten and give your cookies more of a bread/cake like consistency, and you do not want that! That would spoil what makes this cookie AMAZING!
Fold the chocolate chips in gently and divide into 1/2 cup portions. Roll your cookies into a ball and place 6 on your cookie sheet. You can add a few extra chocolate chips to the top if you want them to look fancy.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. When the cookies start to turn a nice golden brown, remove them from the oven but keep them on the baking sheet for another 20 minutes. This will allow them to continue to cook as they cool. After 20 minutes transfer them to a cooling rack or dig in and enjoy! They will still be warm, don’t worry!
Can I make smaller Crumbl Cookies?
I warned you earlier that these cookies are huge, that is part of why they feel so special and indulgent. This recipe makes 12 BIG cookies, but if you prefer you can make them smaller. Just reduce the bake time. You can also easily half the recipe if desired.
Cookie Storage Recommendations
the cookies will store great in an airtight bag or container for 3 days.
And that’s it! All the decadent indulgence of a Crumbl cookie but for a fraction of the cost, and in your own kitchen, where the cold milk is always close by.
If you loved what you saw here, get more of it on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
More Amazing Crumbl Cookie Recipes
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies
- Crumbl Birthday Cake Cookie
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Cosmic Brownie Cookies
- Crumbl Copycat Recipe Roundup
- Cadbury Egg Cookie
More Recipes You Will Love
Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups guittard milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion out the dough into 1/2 cup portions. Roll into a ball and arrange 6 onto each cookie sheet. Add extra chocolate chips to the top if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are turning golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 20 minutes before serving or transferring to a wire rack.
I have to agree with everyone that this is my favorite Crumbl copycat recipe (I’ve tried 4 in the last 2 weeks and the search is finally over!).
Perhaps the best thing about this amazing recipe is that they can also be made gluten and dairy free! I had to give it a try for my kiddo with food allergies so that he wasn’t missing out while we were indulging!
Simply swap vegan butter sticks for regular butter and use Bob’s Red Mill GF 1:1 flour along with semi sweet chocolate chips and VOILA!!! They were THE best GF DF cookies I’ve ever had (you’d never know they were missing the gluten and dairy!).
Thank you, Karli!! You have no idea what it meant to my kiddo to be able to have “Crumbl cookies” for the first time ever!!! 💜
I really don’t know if this taste like a crumbl cookie or not but I do know this is the best dam chocolate chip cookie I ever had. Please keep these recipe’s coming
Absolutely amazing! I subbed out for gluten free flour (Bobs1-1 GF flour blend) and they still turned out perfectly!
Karli Bitner says
I am so glad your kiddo can finally have some of the delicious cookies!! Thanks for your comment. ❤️
Karli Bitner says
They will spread really thin if they are baked at 350° instead of 375°- could that have been the issue?
Karli Bitner says
Yes! Jus use smaller amount of dough for each cookie and you’ll need to shorten the cook time.
I just tried a real Crumbl chocolate chip cookie not too long ago and became a little obsessed. When I found this copycat, I just had to try it. It was absolutely delicious, and everybody that had a cookie thought it was the best chocolate chip cookie they ever had! Looking forward to trying more of your copycats! Thank you for all the time and energy you put into figuring this out.
Melissa Anderson says
The BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe!!
Melissa Goldsberry says
So thick and moist! Everyone asks for this recipe when I take them to gathering. Perfect amount of chips to cookie ratio.
These are fantastic! They are just like the bakery. I cut the recipe in half and they turned out great. Really big cookies.
Michaela S says
I have been looking for a god chocolate chip recipe for so long, and I finally found one! I much prefer my cookies to be thick instead of flattening out and these were perfect. This is going to be my go to from here on.
Girl. I substituted the white sugar for monk fruit, kept the real brown sugar and used NSA chocolate chips. Still delicious. And imo better than what you’re “copying”. Can’t wait to try more!
Love cookies says
These turned out amazing! Definitely my new favorite cookie recipe
Lori G. says
Best ever chocolate chip cookies! They are indeed just like Crumbl cookies.
Emma Bruce says
Just made these, but an Easter version. ☺️
Instead of rolling them in mini M&Ms, I flattened them slightly and gently pressed 5-6 regular M&Ms into the top. They were PERFECT!!
And the dough! 🤩 I could just eat that without adding anything to it! Literally the perfect cookie! 🤤
Debora D. Wilemon says
The Best! 🙂