Instant Pot Italian Chicken Pasta is a Creamy Italian Chicken sauce made up of cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, and cream of chicken soup that covers pasta, chicken and some veggies. The best news is, all made at the same time in the same pot! Family Dinner has never been easier!
Magic 30-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
Okay, you guys! I have been working on this recipe for a while now and it is officially blog worthy and PERFECT.
Because of how many tests and tweaks happened with this recipe, my family has eaten this 3 times and 4 families in my neighborhood have also had it for dinner. (aaaaand they all loved it.)
As I took this last, final, perfect batch to my neighbors house (and awkwardly watched them eat it, grilling them with questions about the dish the entire time.) they could not believe how simple the dish was to make when I explained it to them.
It really is like magic. I literally dumped a few ingredients into the pot, started her up and then a half hour later I was knocking on their door forcing them to eat it and give me all the critiques. ?
We even have a brand new pressure cooker owner out of the evening. This dish sold her on it! If that isn’t a testament to how good this dish is, I don’t know what is!
Italian Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta is a Creamy Italian Chicken sauce made up of cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, and cream of chicken soup that covers pasta, chicken and some veggies. The best news is, all made at the same time in the same pot! Family Dinner has never been easier!
Chicken Pasta Instant Pot Variations & Subs
There are many variations of chicken pasta that can be made in the instant pot. These include creamy chicken pasta, Alfredo chicken pasta, tomato chicken pasta, pesto chicken pasta, chicken parmesan pasta, and southwest chicken pasta.
How to make this Pasta and Creamy Chicken Instant Pot Recipe
Alright, here come the step by step pictures. This really is so simple, you can’t mess this up!
2 – Next, dumped directly on top of the pasta, Cream of Chicken soup is added. Then sprinkle Italian Dressing Mix Packets into the pot.
3 – Now place 1 lb of raw (thawed) chicken tenders on the top. 1 lb correlates to 6 or 7 chicken tenders.
4 – If you only have chicken breasts, cut the 1 lb of chicken breast into smaller ‘tender-sized’ pieces.
5 – Pressure cook on high pressure (hit the manual or pressure cook button) and adjust the time for 3 minutes. (I KNOW! Only 3 minutes!)
6 – Once the 3 minutes is complete, wait until the screen reads L0:06 (this is a 6 min NPR) and then release the remaining pressure manually.
7 – Carefully pull the chicken out of the pot, place in a bowl and set aside.
8 – Add some frozen carrots and peas to the pot (if desired! My husband definitely prefers this dish without, but if it weren’t for me, he’d never touch his veggies!)
9 – Stir in the frozen veggies. Cut a block of cream cheese into cubes and place on top of the pasta and sauce in the Pressure Cooker. Secure the lid and let it sit for 5 additional minutes.
10 – While the pot is resting, SHRED THAT CHICKEN!! This has to be my favorite part. It shreds like a DREAM! A lot of people recommend using a mixer to shred chicken, but with this you won’t need it! This chicken is cuh-razy tender & juicy!
11 – Once the post has been resting for 5 minutes, open the lid and stir. The cream cheese should melt into the sauce fairly easily.
12 – Stir in the shredded chicken and you have yourself one delicious meal!
How to Serve Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
There are many ways to serve instant pot chicken pasta. Here are a few ideas:
- As is: You can simply scoop the pasta and chicken onto a plate and serve it as is.
- With a side salad: Pair the chicken pasta with a side salad made from mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and your favorite dressing.
- With garlic bread: Garlic bread is a classic accompaniment to pasta dishes. You can make your own by spreading butter and garlic onto slices of bread and toasting them in the oven.
- With a sprinkle of fresh herbs: Fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, or chives, can add a pop of flavor and color to your chicken pasta.
- With a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese: Grated Parmesan cheese is a delicious topping for chicken pasta.
Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe Storage
Let the pasta cool completely to room temperature before transferring the pasta to an airtight container. Label and date the container to keep rack of how long the pasta has been stored. Store the pasta in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you freeze the pasta, it can be used for up to 3 months.
Chicken Pasta Instant Pot recipe FAQs
There are a few reasons that your chicken can come out dry. Overcooking the chicken can dry out the meat. Not adding enough water to the instant pot is a common reason for dry chicken. The instant pot requires a certain amount of liquid in order to come to pressure.
Yes, it is safe to cook pasta in a pressure cooker. There are some guidelines that you want to follow when you cook pasta in your pressure cooker. Make sure that you have enough liquid int he pressure cooker. The liquid should cover the pasta by at least an inch. Using a trivet can help prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom and burning in the pressure cooker.
Yes, it is possible to overcook chicken in the instant pot. It is important to cook the chicken as specified in the recipe that you use. Using bigger cuts of chicken can prevent the overcooking of chicken, however you want to make sure that the chicken gets cooked all the way through if you use a chicken breast instead of chicken tenders.
Browning chicken before cooking in the instant pot depends on the recipe you are using and personal preference. This step is not necessary for most recipes. A couple of exceptions to this is chicken curry or chicken stew which usually requires some browning.
Check out my other Dump and Start Instant Pot meals!
- Instant Pot Creamy Ziti
- Creamy Chicken Florentine
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Hawaiian Haystacks
- Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Skinny Creamy Ziti
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb rotini pasta uncooked
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 pkg Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 lb chicken tenders thawed, approx 6-7 tenders
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- Add the chicken broth, water and pasta to the Instant Pot’s liner.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the dressing mix packets into the Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken tenders on top.
- Secure the lid and cook on Manual (or pressure cook) HIGH for 3 minutes. Allow for a 6 minute NPR before releasing the pressure manually.
- Remove the cooked chicken and set aside.
- Stir in the frozen peas and carrots.
- Cut the cream cheese block into chunks and set onto of the pasta in the Instant Pot. Return the lid and let the Instant Pot sit on warm for 5 minutes.
- Shred the chicken while the Instant Pot is sitting on warm.
- Stir the cream cheese into the pasta until completely combined.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Serve hot!