Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are a soft and moist Peanut Butter Cookie topped with a Hershey’s Kiss. This classic cookie recipe is everyone’s favorite & this Peanut Butter Cookie base is the best ever!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
These cookies will fill you with memories of Christmas past and you are going to love every single bite! I mean, Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without peanut butter kiss cookies! Of course, they are just as delicious anytime of year.. I’ll admit, I make them often! They are the perfect combination of sugary, tender, peanut butter cookies and smooth silky chocolate!
I love making these cookies with my littles! They love rolling the cookie dough in the sugar, and pressing the chocolate kisses in the cooked cookies! These cookies will quickly become a new family tradition!
Ingredients In Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Creamy Peanut Butter- We are not fancy in this house! Store brand creamy is how we roll. But if you like crunchy peanut butter in your cookies you are welcome to use that too!
- Butter- Salted or unsalted is fine, I generally use salted because I am not fancy enough to keep two butters on hand. 😉
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar, in my opinion, is essential in cookie recipes! It adds so much to the texture and flavor!
- Milk- I always use skim milk because that is what I have in the fridge, but fat content isn’t essential in this recipe. You can use whatever you have.
- Vanilla Extract
- Flour- All Purpose flour will work fine, again nothing fancy here!
- Baking Powder
- Hershey’s Kisses- A fun thing about this recipe is that now they make kisses in different flavors. Switch things up by trying different types kisses. You could use hugs, almond kisses.. even caramel kisses would be delicious!
How To Make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
There is nothing too crazy when it comes to making these cookies. Just the regular 350°, creaming together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Then we’ll add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat again. Next the dry ingredients are added to the mix and then the cookie dough is done.
Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. I use a cookie scoop to make sure they are all the same size. Personally, I have a #50 dough scooper that I bought on Amazon. I LOVE it!
Roll your dough balls in granulated sugar. This step is totally optional, but the sugar makes the cookies nice and sparkly! And who doesn’t love sparkly things! You could also use red and green sugar to give them even more holiday cheer!
Place the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK! These cookies are best when they are soft and just barely cooked through.
WHILE BAKING, unwrap your kisses. I highly recommend doing this step either before baking or while the cookies are in the oven. The cookies bake quickly and you want to press the kisses on the cookies when they are hot from the oven.
Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, gently press a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each one. Allow the cookies to cool completely and the chocolate to set before serving.
How to store your cookies
These cookies are best kept at room temperature in an air tight container or baggie. Just make sure to let those chocolate kisses set all the way back up before storing them.
They will keep at room temperature in an air tight container for 3-4 days and still be delicious.
Can you freeze these cookies?
While, yes, you can, just know that sometimes the chocolate will have white speckles on it after they warm back up to room temperature. This is totally safe to eat, it just might not be visually appealing. So if you are making these for a large party or something, its best to make these the day of or maybe the day before.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Other Holiday Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 36 Hershey's Kisses
- With a mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar until blended.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix together. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375. Don’t overcook! These cookies are much better soft and just barely cooked all the way through. I baked the cookies scooped with the medium 1.5 TBSP scoop for 8 minutes and the 3 TBSP cookies for 10 minutes.
- Immediatly after removing the cookies from the oven, gently press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool and the chocolate to set up before serving.