Eggless Cookie Dough is totally edible, made just for EATING! The taste and texture is just like the real deal- no one will be able to tell the difference!
Eggless Cookie Dough
Everyone, EVERYONE needs a good cookie dough recipe to bust out on a whim. LOOK NO FURTHER, PEOPLE!
Let’s play two truths and a lie.
- I’ve never been pulled over by a policeman
- I don’t think I’ve ever eaten cookie dough with eggs in it
- I have a fake tooth
The lie? Being pulled over by a policeman. (That only happen ONCE.. 3 days before I got married. Aaaand got a massive ticket. *facepalm*) It is TRUE, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten ‘raw egg’ cookie dough.
My dad got e Coli when I was a kid, that kind of thing scars you! I have been 100% paranoid about raw eggs ever since. My kids even cutely ask ‘Are there rotten (RAW) eggs in that?’ every time we are baking together. I haven’t corrected them yet, its just to dang cute.
Also, PREGNANCY. Need I say more?
Ingredients needed for Edible Cookie Dough
- butter, room temperature
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour*
- mini chocolate chips
*There is talk about how consuming raw flour can be a risk of eColi and Salmonella, if this is something that worries you, simply microwave the flour in a bowl for 1- 1 1/2 minutes or until the flour reaches 160°. Allow the flour to cool and then proceed with the recipe.
How to make Edible Cookie Dough
The best part about this recipe (besides the fact that it is gloriously egg-free!) is how fast and easy the dough comes together.
The method is exactly the same as regular cookie dough. First the butter and sugars are creamed together. Milk and vanilla go in next, followed by flour and salt. Top it off with a lot of mini chocolate chips and then grab a spoon and DIG IN!
How to use Eggless Cookie Dough
- Eat it plain with a spoon. This is what I do most often and I’m not ashamed of it.
- Gently fold the dough together with some whipped cream to create COOKIE DOUGH FLAVORED WHIPPED CREAM. I use it in a sandwich cookie that is to die for. Find the recipe here.
- Put small balls into vanilla ice cream!
- Wrap a small ball of egg free cookie dough into the middle of REAL cookie dough and bake them. You’ll end up with the gooiest cookie of your life.
- Roll into balls and then dip in chocolate to create a cookie dough truffle.
Can you Eat Raw Cookie Dough?
While you can do whatever you’d like, it isn’t perfectly safe to eat while there are uncooked eggs in the dough. That is why this eggless cookie dough recipe is perfect for you! Egg free and meant just for eating, not baking!
Remember, If you’re nervous about consuming raw flour, I suggest you toast it beforehand! You can either microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes or spread flour out on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool completely, then proceed with the recipe. Other options are to use oat or almond flour in it’s place.
Can’t get enough COOKIE DOUGH? Me neither! Try my other Cookie Dough Variations!
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Edible Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Edible Monster Cookie Dough
- Edible Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Looking for a cute gift idea? I have some adorable gift tags as a FREE download to go along with your cookie dough! Go download them now!
Edible Egg Free Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the vanilla and milk. Combine thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour and salt until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.