This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Eggless Cookie Dough is totally edible, made just for EATING! The taste and texture is just like the real deal- no one will be able to tell the difference!
Why you will love Edible Cookie Dough
Everyone, EVERYONE needs a good cookie dough recipe to bust out on a whim. LOOK NO FURTHER, PEOPLE!
Let’s play two truths and a lie.
- I’ve never been pulled over by a policeman
- I don’t think I’ve ever eaten cookie dough with eggs in it
- I have a fake tooth
The lie? Being pulled over by a policeman. (That only happen ONCE.. 3 days before I got married. Aaaand got a massive ticket. *facepalm*) It is TRUE, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten ‘raw egg’ cookie dough.
My dad got e Coli when I was a kid, that kind of thing scars you! I have been 100% paranoid about raw eggs ever since. My kids even cutely ask ‘Are there rotten (RAW) eggs in that?’ every time we are baking together. I haven’t corrected them yet, its just to dang cute.
Also, PREGNANCY. Need I say more?
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe Ingredients
- butter, room temperature
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour*
- mini chocolate chips
*There is talk about how consuming raw flour can be a risk of eColi and Salmonella, if this is something that worries you, simply microwave the flour in a bowl for 1- 1 1/2 minutes or until the flour reaches 160°. Allow the flour to cool and then proceed with the recipe.
How to make Edible No Egg Cookie Dough
The best part about this recipe (besides the fact that it is gloriously egg-free!) is how fast and easy the dough comes together.
The method is exactly the same as regular cookie dough.
- First the butter and sugars are creamed together.
- Milk and vanilla go in next, followed by flour and salt.
- Top it off with a lot of mini chocolate chips and then grab a spoon and DIG IN!
How to heat treat Flour for Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Heat treating flour is necessary to eliminate any bacteria that may be in your flour. You can heat treat it one of two ways- sprinkle the flour on a cookie sheet and then bake it in the oven at 350° F for 10 minutes or you can microwave the flour for 30-45 seconds. Use an instant read thermometer to confirm that it has been heated to 160° per the FDA’s recommendation. Allow the flour to cool before using in recipe.
How to use Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Eat it plain with a spoon. This is what I do most often and I’m not ashamed of it.
- Gently fold the dough together with some whipped cream to create COOKIE DOUGH FLAVORED WHIPPED CREAM. I use it in a sandwich cookie that is to die for. Find the recipe here.
- Put small balls into vanilla ice cream!
- Wrap a small ball of egg free cookie dough into the middle of REAL cookie dough and bake them. You’ll end up with the gooiest cookie of your life.
- Roll into balls and then dip in chocolate to create a cookie dough truffle.
Looking for a cute gift idea? I have some adorable gift tags as a FREE download to go along with your cookie dough! Go download them now!
How to store Edible Cookie Dough
Store edible cookie dough in an air tight container in the fridge. Because we are working with butter and milk, its is a good idea to keep it chilled unless serving.
Can you freeze eggless cookie dough?
Absolutely!! I would suggest portioning out your cookie dough and rolling into balls prior to freezing to make your life easier when you go to thaw and serve it later.
Portion and roll your dough and then line a cookie sheet with the dough. Toss the entire pan into the freezer for 1 hour to freeze the cookie dough individually. At this point, you can toss everything into a zip top bag without it all freezing together.
How long does edible cookie dough last?
Edible cookie dough will keep well in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to 1 month. Good luck getting it to last that long, though!
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe FAQ
While you can do whatever you’d like, it isn’t perfectly safe to eat while there are uncooked eggs in the dough. That is why this eggless cookie dough recipe is perfect for you! Egg free and meant just for eating, not baking!
Remember, If you’re nervous about consuming raw flour, I suggest you toast it beforehand! You can either microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes or spread flour out on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool completely, then proceed with the recipe. Other options are to use oat or almond flour in it’s place.
While you can, they won’t be like regular cookies because there are no eggs and no leavening agents.
It can be left at room temperature while serving for about 2 hours before you’ll want to put it back into the fridge.
Well, I suppose to some people ALL cookie dough is edible, but this refers to the fact that there are no eggs in the recipe and the flour is heat treated, therefore eliminating all potential risk.
More Edible Cookie Dough Recipes
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Edible Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Edible Monster Cookie Dough
- Edible Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Eggless Cookie Dough
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the vanilla and milk. Combine thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour and salt until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.