Dot’s Pretzel Recipe makes buttery, garlicy pretzel’s with just a little kick, Dot’s Pretzels are pretzels taken to the next level!
Dot’s Pretzels Copy Cat Recipe
You guys, if you have never had Dot’s Pretzels I feel like I owe you this warning. These pretzels will ruin you for all other pretzels FOREVER! That may sound a little over dramatic, but I am not even exaggerating! They are THE BEST PRETZEL EVER!
This copy cat recipe tastes just like the real thing! Of course, if you want the signature look of Dot’s Pretzels you have to find butter twist pretzels. And, as much as I searched, I couldn’t find them…except on Amazon for $27 a bag. And there was NO WAY that was happening. So I had to settle for the signature taste over the signature look! But I think you’ll agree, it is a great trade off!
You could even use the spice blend in this recipe with my amazing soft pretzels for a completely new type of snack! Whatever you do, I think you’ll agree, these pretzels are deliciously addictive in the best possible way!
Ingredients In Dot’s Pretzels
- Pretzels- If you can find butter twist pretzels that is ideal. But if you can’t, any ole pretzel will do!
- Melted Butter
- Powdered Buttermilk- This ingredient may sound obscure, but it can be found in the baking isle of almost any grocery store and is essential for the classic Dot’s Flavor.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cheyenne Pepper- we will use just a tiny bit, but this and the black pepper is what gives the pretzels their kick!
- Black Pepper
How To Make Copy Cat Dot’s Pretzels
Start by preheating the oven to 250 degrees and prepare your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Measure out the pretzels into a large bowl. Melt the butter and drizzle it over the pretzels and stir, being sure to get them evenly coated. We are going to coat the pretzels and then sprinkle the flavoring on, that way everything is nice and even.
In a small bowl combine the powdered buttermilk with the spices and stir. Sprinkle the spice mixture onto the buttered pretzels, stirring frequently. It is best to sprinkle slowly while stirring to make sure everything is evenly coated.
Finally, we will bake the pretzels on the prepared pan for 20 minutes. Let the pretzels cool before digging in.
How to Store Dot’s Pretzels
The pretzels stay good for a really long time, but are freshest within that first week. Store in any air tight container or zip top bag.
Can I double or half this recipe?
This recipe could be easily halved (but why would you ever want to do that). Or doubled, to enjoy yourself or to share with friends.
How spicy are these pretzels?
I wouldn’t go straight to spicy, I’d go more to having a little kick of heat. I personally am not a fan of spicy things and I love these pretzels. If you are hoping to share with kids or just don’t like heat yourself, you could definitely half the amount of cayenne and black pepper.
That’s it! Literally the world’s best pretzel right at your fingertips, bite after delicious bite!
More Amazing Snack Recipes
Dot's Pretzel Recipe
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 4 tsp powdered buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250°. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure out the pretzels into a large bowl.
- Melt and pour the butter over the pretzels. Stir to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered buttermilk, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Stir the seasonings together.
- Sprinkle the seasonings onto the pretzels while stirring to coat evenly.
- Arrange on the prepared cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 250° for 20 minutes. Allow the pretzels to cool before eating.