Dot’s Pretzel Recipe makes buttery, garlicy pretzel’s with just a little kick, Dot’s Pretzels are pretzels taken to the next level!
You will love these Flavored Pretzels
You guys, if you have never had Dot’s Pretzels I feel like I owe you this warning. These pretzels will ruin you for all other pretzels FOREVER! That may sound a little over dramatic, but I am not even exaggerating! They are THE BEST PRETZEL EVER!
This copy cat recipe tastes just like the real thing! Of course, if you want the signature look of Dot’s Pretzels you have to find butter twist pretzels. And, as much as I searched, I couldn’t find them…except on Amazon for $27 a bag. And there was NO WAY that was happening. So I had to settle for the signature taste over the signature look! But I think you’ll agree, it is a great trade off!
You could even use the spice blend in this recipe with my amazing soft pretzels for a completely new type of snack! Whatever you do, I think you’ll agree, these pretzels are deliciously addictive in the best possible way!
Dots Pretzels Seasoning: What is the flavor of dots pretzels?
Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels have a unique flavor that is described as a combination of salty, spicy, and tangy. The pretzels are coated with a special seasoning blend that includes garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and other spices, which gives them a bold and savory flavor. The seasoning also includes a hint of sweetness, which balances out the saltiness and spiciness. Overall, Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels have a bold and addictive flavor that is both savory and slightly sweet, making them a popular snack among pretzel lovers.
Seasoned Pretzel Recipe ingredients
- Pretzels- If you can find butter twist pretzels that is ideal. But if you can’t, any ole pretzel will do!
- Melted Butter
- Powdered Buttermilk- This ingredient may sound obscure, but it can be found in the baking isle of almost any grocery store and is essential for the classic Dot’s Flavor.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cheyenne Pepper- we will use just a tiny bit, but this and the black pepper is what gives the pretzels their kick!
- Black Pepper
Seasoned Pretzel Recipe substitutions and variations
Feel free to swap and substitute any spices that you want. Go crazy with this one and alter it so you make pretzels exactly how you like them!
How to make Seasoned Pretzels
Start by preheating the oven to 250 degrees and prepare your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Measure out the pretzels into a large bowl. Melt the butter and drizzle it over the pretzels and stir, being sure to get them evenly coated. We are going to coat the pretzels and then sprinkle the flavoring on, that way everything is nice and even.
In a small bowl combine the powdered buttermilk with the spices and stir. Sprinkle the spice mixture onto the buttered pretzels, stirring frequently. It is best to sprinkle slowly while stirring to make sure everything is evenly coated.
Finally, we will bake the pretzels on the prepared pan for 20 minutes. Let the pretzels cool before digging in.
How to serve Seasoned Pretzels
- Snack on their own: Seasoned pretzels are delicious on their own as a snack. Pour some into a bowl and munch away!
- Pair with dips: Dip seasoned pretzels into your favorite dips, such as hummus, guacamole, or salsa.
- Add to a snack mix: Combine seasoned pretzels with other snacks, such as nuts, popcorn, and crackers, to create a delicious snack mix.
- Serve with cheese: Pair seasoned pretzels with your favorite cheeses for a delicious snack or appetizer.
- Use as a topping: Crush up seasoned pretzels and use them as a crunchy topping for salads or casseroles.
What is the best thing to dip pretzels in?
I love dipping these pretzels in a creamy cheese sauce or with a cheeseball. The creaminess pairs so well with spicy saltiness of the pretzels. hummus or guacamole are also great options.
How to store Flavored Pretzels
The pretzels stay good for a really long time, but are freshest within that first week. Store in any air tight container or zip top bag.
Seasoned Pretzels Recipe FAQs
This recipe could be easily halved (but why would you ever want to do that). Or doubled, to enjoy yourself or to share with friends.
I wouldn’t go straight to spicy, I’d go more to having a little kick of heat. I personally am not a fan of spicy things and I love these pretzels. If you are hoping to share with kids or just don’t like heat yourself, you could definitely half the amount of cayenne and black pepper.
That’s it! Literally the world’s best pretzel right at your fingertips, bite after delicious bite!
This is the million dollar question! Salty, spicy, garlicy and oniony!
Dot’s pretzels are baked, not fried.
We will add the salt and seasonings before baking!
While Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels can be a tasty and satisfying snack, they should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Their unique flavor is one that I’ve never tasted before having dots! It’s one of a kind and super addictive!
More Amazing Snack Recipes
Dots Pretzels Copycat Recipe
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 4 tsp powdered buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250°. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure out the pretzels into a large bowl.
- Melt and pour the butter over the pretzels. Stir to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered buttermilk, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Stir the seasonings together.
- Sprinkle the seasonings onto the pretzels while stirring to coat evenly.
- Arrange on the prepared cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 250° for 20 minutes. Allow the pretzels to cool before eating.