This Crepe Recipe is made with simple, basic ingredients and yield a perfectly flavored and tender Homemade Crepe. This recipe couldn’t be easier!
Homemade Crepe Recipe
We are a breakfast loving family. In fact, my daughter’s birthday is this week, and when I asked her what she wanted for her special dinner, her answer was: CREPES. I was secretly excited and more than happy to oblige. Because crepes are amazing!
If you’ve never made crepes at home before they might seem intimidating. But don’t worry, crepes are made from simple ingredients and don’t require any special equipment. If you are looking for crepes in a hurry you can try out my Pancake Mix Crepe recipe too!
So keep reading and let me teach you how to make homemade crepes that will have you thinking you are at your favorite breakfast restaurant.
Simple Ingredients In the Best Crepe Recipe
- Milk- Some people think that using higher fat milk makes a better crepe. I haven’t noticed much of a difference between whole milk and 1%. So I just use 1% because that is what I usually have on hand.
- Vanilla- If you are making savory crepes you will want to omit this ingredient- I however make sweet and decedent crepes 99.99999% of the time. 😉
- Four- All purpose flour works great!
- Sugar- We are talking granulated sugar here and again, if you are making savory crepes, feel free to skip this one!
How To Make Crepes
Making crepes is actually really easy- first add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until super smooth. If you don’t have a blender you can add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and slowly add the wet ingredients. Whisk until there are no more lumps.
You’ll want to use a non-stick skillet, and heat it over medium heat until hot. Keep in mind, you get to pick the finished size of your crepe depending upon the size of your skillet! I usually use my 8 inch skillet. When your pan is preheated, spray it with a non stick spray. You can use butter too if really want those butter crisp edges that you get in crepes.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Immediately after pouring the batter into the hot skillet, quickly pick up the pan and swirl it around until the batter covers the entire bottom of the skillet.
Return the pan to the heat and cook. You’ll know your crepe is ready when the edges of the crepe begin to peel away from the pan.
Carefully remove the crepe and repeat the process (including spraying the pan) with the remaining batter. Nope- you don’t need to flip and cook on the other side! Crepes are so thin, that they will cook through without flipping.
This recipe will make about 12-15 crepes.
What to put inside of your Crepes?
When it comes to fillings for crepes, sky is the limit. It is fun to get creative. Some of my families favorite flavor combinations are:
- Nutella and strawberry
- Nutella and banana
- peaches and whipped cream
- cinnamon and sugar
- cream cheese fruit dip and strawberries
- cookie dough whipped cream
- peanut butter and bananas
- peanut butter and jam
- Blueberries and Lemon Cream Cheese fruit dip
- Fruit salsa and whipped cream
- peanut butter and apples
- Yogurt and Granola
Easy Crepe Recipe
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Alternatively, add all fo the dry ingredients into a bowl. Whisk together the liquids and slowly add in in the liquids to the dry ingredients while whisking.
- Whisk until there are no longer lumps in the batter.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray the heated pan with non stick spray and then pour approx 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Pick up the pan and swirl the pan around so the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Return to the stove top and cook until the edges start to peel away from the pan.
- Carefully remove the crepe and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Fill with your favorite toppings & enjoy!