Red Velvet Cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake packed with the classic, rich Red Velvet Flavor. Perfect for all the holidays!
Red velvet is a super unique flavor. It has a hint of vanilla and a kick of chocolate and is always perfectly tangy and sweet. So turning Red Velvet into cheesecake seemed like a match made in heaven!
And this no bake Red Velvet Cheesecake is definitely heaven! It is so smooth and velvety, and has that perfect flavor you have come to expect from anything red velvet.
It’s bright red color makes it perfect for the holidays. Valentine’s Day, Christmas, 4th of July, there is nothing better dessert than red velvet cheesecake!
If you love red velvet like I do, make sure to try my Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting! They will not disappoint!
Ingredients In Red Velvet Cheesecake
For the Cheesecake
- Whipping Cream
- Sugar- Just plain old granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese- I always use full fat cream cheese. I have tried using light and it just doesn’t work as well.
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar always gives a recipe a deeper richer favor.
- Cocoa Powder
- Cheesecake Flavored Pudding Mix- I have also used vanilla pudding, it is also delicious.
- Red Food Coloring- I personally use the gel food coloring from Hobby Lobby. It gives a vibrant bright color. But if you aren’t a fan of artificial colors you can also omit this ingredient. Your cheesecake will have a light brown color rather than the deep red.
For The Crust
You could definitely use a store-bought crust if that’s what you prefer. Just note, this recipe will fill two 9 inch store bought pie crusts.
- Oreo Crumbs
For The Cream Cheese Glaze
This is totally optional but really takes the cheesecake to the next level, trust me!
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Red Velvet Cheesecake
Start by combining the Oreo crumbs with the butter and mix well. Then press the crumbs into the bottom of a parchment lined, 9 inch springform pan.
Place the pan in the fridge or freezer until the filling is done.
To make the filling, start by whipping the cream and sugar together until stiff peaks have formed. Set the cream aside.
In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and cream together for a minute.
With the mixer on low, slowly add the cocoa powder and the pudding mix (Just the powder) and mix until smooth.
Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
Pour the mixture into your prepared springform pan and smooth out the top. Return the cheesecake to the fridge to continue to set.
For the glaze, combine the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until thick and creamy. Add in small splashes of milk until the glaze reaches your desired consistency. Make sure to add the milk a tiny bit at a time. A little milk goes a LONG way when working with powdered sugar.
Spread the glaze over the top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with Oreo cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
For best results refrigerate overnight so it can fully set before slicing.
How To Line a Springform Pan With Parchment Paper
Lining a springform pan with parchment paper can seem like a hassle, but I promise this extra step is worth it and easier than it sounds.
Start by tearing off a piece of parchment paper bigger than your pan.
Take the springform part of you pan, without the bottom, and place it on top of the parchment paper. Trace the inside of the pan to get the size circle you will need.
Cut the circle out of the parchment paper and reassemble your springform pan.
Spray the bottom of your springform pan with non stick cooking spray. This will help your parchment paper stick to the pan and not curl up.
With your parchment in your pan, you are ready to add the crust!
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
If you like cheesecake like I do, try these other no bake recipes!
Red Velvet Cheesecake (No Bake!)
- 1 cup oreo crumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar divided
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 3.4 oz pkg cheesecake flavored pudding mix
- red food coloring gel
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- milk to thin
- Combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter for the crust.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch, parchment lined springform pan.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until the filling is ready.
- To make the cheesecake filling, whip together the cream and 3/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in the 1 tbsp sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Creaming for 1 minute.
- With the mixer still on, slowly add in the cocoa powder and cheesecake flavored pudding mix (just the powder!) until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add in the red food coloring until you've reached your desired color.
- Pour into the crust, spreading until the cheesecake is smooth on top. Place in the fridge.
- Make the Cream Cheese Glaze by combining the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until thick and creamy. Slowly add milk to the mixture until you have a glaze that is your preferred thickness.
- Spread over the top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs, if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving! For best results, let it chill in the fridge overnight before slicing.