Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are packed with gooey marshmallows, crispy rice cereal and, of course, a lot of Oreos.
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
In all of my baking experiments there is one thing I’ve discovered that is almost always true- everything is better with the addition of OREOS! Adding Oreos to Rice Krispie treats turns them into cookies and cream magic!
If you are an Oreo fan like me (which I’m just going to assume you are, since you made your way to this recipe!) here are some of my other favorite Oreo treats you’ve got to try!
Ingredients In Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- Butter- I always use salted butter, as that is what I have on hand.
- Mini Marshmallows- Using the mini marshmallows will help you get the right cereal to marshmallow ratio. Also, make sure your marshmallows are fresh and not stale. Using stale marshmallows will give you stale Rice Krispie treats.
- Vanilla- The addition of vanilla really adds to the Cookies and Cream flavor.
- Rice Krispie Cereal- name brand or store brand, it doesn’t matter either way!
- Crushed Oreos- This is going to give you the Cookies and Cream flavor, but you could also play around with different flavor Oreos for different flavor Rice Krispie treats!
How To Make Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside. It is important to spray it with non stick spray so your treats don’t stick to your pan!
In an extra large bowl measure out the Rice Krispies and crushed Oreos. Mix them together and set aside. My bowl is GIANT and purchased from Sam’s Club. It’s 13 quarts! It makes for easy stirring with little mess!
In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter first and then add the marshmallows. Stir to coat the marshmallows completely with butter before microwaving for a total of 1 minute. Stir thoroughly at the 30 second mark, though. Add the vanilla and mix until smooth.
Pour the melted marshmallows into the bowl with the cereal and Oreos and stir until everything is well coated.
Pour the Rice Krispie treats into the prepared 9×13 pan. Wet your hands slightly and gently press the Rice Krispie treats into the pan. Fun fact- the marshmallows won’t stick to slightly wet hands! You don’t want to pack them too tightly or else they will be hard when they cool.
How to store Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats are always best when they are super fresh and gooey. But these will store for a couple days in an air tight container.
Rice Krispie Flavors
- Classic Rice Krispie Treats
- Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Churro Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3 cups crushed oreos
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In an extra large bowl, measure out the Rice Krispie Cereal and crushed Oreos. Set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until completely melted. Add the marshmallows to the bowl. Stir to coat the marshmallows in the melted butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 seconds mark.
- Add the vanilla to the bowl and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the Rice Krispie Cereal and Oreos. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the Rice Krispie treat mixture into the prepared 9x13 pan.
- Wet your hands with water and then gently press the Rice Krispie Treats into the pan. Enjoy!!