This truly is the ONLY Rice Krispie Treat Recipe you need! All done quickly in the microwave, plus a secret to making pressing the treats into the pan easy, with NO STICKING to your hands! You are 5 minutes away from the best Rice Krispie Treats of your LIFE!
What makes this the Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe?
Finding the absolute perfect ratio of marshmallows to cereal was quite the quest. I 100% ate way too many Rice Krispie Treats on the way and I am not ashamed about it at all.
Rice Krispie Treats are Dan’s absolute favorite dessert aaaaand I was really really horrible at making them for a long time. (I know, how can someone be horrible at Rice Krispie Treats.. but I was.)
I’ve been testing this recipe all week. I made an entire cookie sheet worth of Rice Krispie Treats on Tuesday, I left for about an hour after the kids went to bed to go to a church meeting and came back to literally half of the Rice Krispie Treats. That right there is when I knew I had found the perfect combination. 😉
This truly is the BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe out there! All done easily and quickly in the microwave, plus a secret to making pressing the treats into the pan easy, with NO STICKING to your hands! You are 5 minutes away from the best Rice Krispie Treats of your LIFE!
PLUS – I have a trick that my friend Anna (pronounced like AH-nuh) over on instagram at @annaistheworst taught me to keep your hands all clean! Get ready for it!! Let’s go!
Rice Krispie Treat Recipe Ingredients
No crazy ingredients here! Just a handful of ingredients and your microwave is all you need! You can find specific measurements below in the printable recipe card.
- mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispie Cereal
How to make the Best Rice Krispie Treats (without it sticking to your hands!)
You are not going to believe how easy this is.. are you ready??
- In a large bowl, melt your butter in the microwave.
- Then, toss your marshmallows in the melted butter, then microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark.
- Add in some vanilla and stir really well.
- The melted marshmallow mixture, Rice Krispie Cereal and whole, unmelted marshmallows go into a extra large bowl.
- Using a silicone spatula, stir stir stir!!
- Grease a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray, pour the Rice Krispie Treat mixture into the pan.
… Here comes the magic!!…
- Now, go over to your sink and run your hands under water, and gently shake them until they are damp.
- Use your wet hands to gently press the Rice Krispie Treats into the pan.
I know, I know. Anna is a genius.
Tips for this Easy Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- Use new marshmallows. Just trust me on this one.. If they are stale now, your Rice Krispie Treats will be stale later. 😉
- Melt the butter first, then the marshmallows, exactly as written. This really does make a difference in the outcome!
- Gently, gently press the Rice Krispie Treats into the pan. If you pack them, no matter what, they will be hard later.
- Wet your hands in the sink before pressing down the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 2 days, but really, they are the very best about 30 seconds after pressing them into the pan. 😉
Storing this Recipe for Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. If you live in a hot or humid climate, it is best to store the treats in the refrigerator to prevent them from becoming too soft or sticky. Rice Krispie treats will stay fresh for several days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If you store them in the refrigerator, they will last for up to a week.
How To Keep Rice Krispie Treats Soft
There are a few things you can do to keep Rice Krispie treats soft. First, store the treats in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out. You can also add a slice of bread to the container with the treats, as the bread will absorb any excess moisture and help to keep the treats soft. Storing the treats in the refrigerator can also help to keep them soft and moist, but be sure to wrap them well or place them in an airtight container to prevent them from picking up any unwanted odors.
Rice Krispie Treat Recipe FAQs
Rice Krispie treats typically take about 30 minutes to an hour to cool completely. Once the treats are cooled, you can cut them into squares or other desired shapes using a sharp knife. You can also use cookie cutters to cut the treats into fun shapes.
Yes, melting marshmallows in the microwave is quick and easy. To melt marshmallows in the microwave, you will need a microwave-safe bowl and a silicone spatula or wooden spoon.
There are a few reasons why your homemade Rice Krispie treats may be hard. The most common reasons for hard Rice Krispie treats is overtaking them or not storing them correctly.
You can make Rice Krispie treats in advance. Rice Krispie treats will stay fresh for several days when stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Storing them in the refrigerator will increase their shelf life to one week.
If you loved what you saw here, get more of it on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
If you love Rice Krispies, try out some of my favorite desserts below!
- Sugar Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Blonde Brownie Recipe
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
- Oreo Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Cookie Dough
- Sprinkle Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Twix Cookies
- Fruit Pizza Cookies
- All Dessert Recipes
Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In an extra large bowl, measure out the 8 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal. Set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until completely melted. (about 45 seconds)
- Add one entire bag of marshmallows, plus 1/3 of the second bag of marshmallows to the bowl with melted butter. Stir to coat the marshmallows in the melted butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 seconds mark.
- Add the vanilla to the bowl and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining 2/3 bag of marshmallows.
- Pour the Rice Krispie treat mixture into the prepared 9×13 pan.
- Wet your hands with water and then gently press the Rice Krispie Treats into the pan.