Churro Rice Krispie Treats are a soft and gooey marshmallow and cereal dessert made with Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Churro Rice Krispie treats are a fun way to mix up a traditional favorite. With Rice Krispies being a very popular treat, it’s hard to improve upon the classic. Thankfully, these cinnamon sugar Rice Krispie treats do justice to the snack.
While there are no Rice Krispies in this treat, it’s hard to find a better fitting name. With cinnamon toast crunch cereal and melted marshmallows, it’s a basic Rice Krispie treats recipe but with one minor change. And that minor change makes a HUGE difference!
Churro Rice Krispie treats are such a delicious and simple snack that the whole family can enjoy. What makes it even better is how simple this recipe is to make! With a microwave and a bowl, this recipe couldn’t get any easier!
What’s In Churro Rice Krispie Treats?
- Butter- just use what you have on hand, I usually use salted butter.
- Mini Marshmallows- You’ll need two 10 oz bags for this recipe.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
How to Make Churro Rice Krispie Treats
Churro Rice Krispie Treats are made just like regular Rice Krispie treats. We will use the microwave to melt our butter and marshmallows and then it is as easy as mixing everything together.
To make this recipe easier, I suggest using a very large bowl for stirring, I have a 13 qt bowl just for the purpose of Rice Krispie treats and I will never go back!
Use slightly wet hands to press the marshmallow covered cereal into the pan, it won’t stick that way!
How do I make sure Churro Rice Krispies don’t get hard?
There’s a few simple things you can do to make sure you don’t eat delicious bricks. First, don’t overcook the marshmallows. Next, make sure you don’t over mix the cereal and marshmallows. Too much mixing will cause it to get hard from being overworked.
The other two things that you can do are making sure that you don’t overpress the mix into the pan when you’re done and that you store it properly in an airtight container.
How long do Rice Crispy Treats last?
If you keep your treats properly stored at room temperature then you can expect them to last up to 3 days and still taste great.
Love No Bake Treats? Try these other recipes!
- Puppy Chow
- Reese’s Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Egg Free Monster Cookie Dough
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Oreo Pie
- Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Buckeye Balls
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Churro Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows divided
- 9 cups cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In an extra large bowl, measure out the cereal. Set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until completely melted. (about 45 seconds) Add one entire bag of marshmallows, plus 1/3 of the second bag of marshmallows to the bowl with melted butter. Stir to coat the marshmallows in the melted butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 seconds mark. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the Cereal. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining 2/3 bag of marshmallows. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Wet your hands slightly with water and then gently spread the treats into the pan. Allow the treats to set up before cutting. Enjoy!!