Smores Bars are a no bake treat made of Golden Grahams, marshmallows, butter and chocolate chips. From start to belly in less than 15 minutes, you’ll want to keep this recipe handy!
Golden Graham Smores
Golden graham smores are a fun treat that’s great at any time of the year. Unlike regular smores where you have to wait for the perfect campfire weather, this indoor smores recipe can be made even in the coldest or wettest seasons! Perfect for indulging in a little childhood nostalgia and satisfying those sweet cravings.
If you’ve made a batch of Rice Krispy treats before, then this recipe shouldn’t be too hard for you to picture how this simple smores dessert comes together. With marshmallows, Golden Graham cereal and chocolate chips in every bite you’ll have a delicious bar treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
This smores bar recipe is one that you can pull together in minutes and be eating in almost no time. Although you should give the bars a chance to set up before eating, that’s just a friendly suggestion to avoid the mess. If sticky marshmallows and tiny hands are your thing, get yourself and the kids a chunk to eat as soon as it’s cool enough to touch. 😉
What’s In Indoor Smores
- Butter: I use salted butter, because that is what I keep on hand. If you only have unsalted, that will work, too! You could also substitute margarine if that is what you have.
- Mini Marshmallows: We will use two 10.5 oz bags in this recipe, part of them will be melted and some of them will be tossed in whole.
- Chocolate Chips: Just use your favorite chocolate chips. We like milk chocolate at our house but you could definitely substitute semi sweet or even dark chocolate chips! If you have a surplus of Hershey’s bars laying around, you could even use that!
- Golden Graham Cereal: Golden Grahams cereal is what holds up the best in this recipe, although I have used some broken Graham crackers in a pinch before and it worked well.
How to Make Indoor Smores
Making this Smores bars recipe is extremely simple, so much so that even kids can do it! The method is exactly the same as making Rice Krispie Treats. We will microwave butter and marshmallows and then stir the Golden Grahams, extra marshmallows and chocolate chips in before pressing into a cookie sheet gently.
There are a few things that I find extremely helpful when making this dessert. First, an extremely large bowl. I found a 13 qt bowl at Sams club a while back and it is the best thing ever!! It makes stirring everything together a breeze. Second, wetting your hands slightly with water before pressing the treats into the pan. Surprisingly enough, melted marshmallows won’t stick to hands that are slightly wet!
Can I Use a Different Cereal?
Yes you could use any cereal of choice. But golden graham cereal has that flavor that mimics a graham cracker, which makes it ideal or this indoor smores recipe. But, it’s totally a preference thing and you’re safe to use any cereal you want.
Love No Bake Treats? Try these other recipes!
- Puppy Chow
- Reese’s Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Egg Free Monster Cookie Dough
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Oreo Pie
- Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Buckeye Balls
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Smores Dessert Bar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 9 cups golden graham cereal
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In an extra large bowl, measure out the cereal. Set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until completely melted. (about 45 seconds) Add one entire bag of marshmallows, plus 1/3 of the second bag of marshmallows to the bowl with melted butter. Stir to coat the marshmallows in the melted butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 seconds mark. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the Cereal. Stir until well combined
- .Fold in the remaining 2/3 bag of marshmallows and chocolate chipsPour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Wet your hands slightly with water and then gently spread the treats into the pan. Allow the treats to set up before cutting. Enjoy!!