Halloween Rice Krispie Treats in the shape of pumpkins are the perfect to ring in all things fall and Halloween! They are filled with the classic Rice Krispie cereal and marshmallows. The Rice Krispie treats are kid friendly, making it a perfect afternoon activity!
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispy treats are an ageless classic when it comes to sweet and chewy treats. They’re so popular you can buy them ready-made in a store, but we both know that homemade is better. Nothing can beat the ooey-gooey goodness of a freshly made Rice Krispie treat- it’s so much better than that stale store-bought stuff!
While most Rice Krispies are served in bar shapes, you can create some gorgeous shapes while the treats are still warm and moldable. Think about those wedding cake shows on food network- they can do some pretty creative things with Rice Krispie treats! Fortunately for you, these Pumpkin Rice Krispie treats don’t require any professional skills to successfully complete.
What Are the Ingredients in These Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats?
Here’s a look at the ingredients you’re going to want to have on hand to make this tasty treat!
- Mini marshmallows
- Orange food coloring
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Tootsie rolls
The exact measurements and steps to take are all shared in the recipe card below!
How to Make Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
In an extra-large bowl, measure out 8 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal and then set it aside.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt your butter. This should take 30-45 seconds.
Then add in 1 bag of mini marshmallows plus about 1/3rd worth of our second bag of marshmallows. Stir together with the melted butter so that everything is well coated. We will microwave for an additional 1 minute, stirring at the halfway point.
Add vanilla to the bowl and stir well to combine. Then add in the orange food coloring. Pour your melted marshmallow mixture into the large bowl of Rice Krispie Cereal and stir until well combined. Fold in the remaining 2/3 bag of marshmallows.
Shaping the Rice Krispies into a Pumpkin
Wet your hands slightly with water and then gently press the Rice Krispie Treats into a small ball about the same size as a baseball.
As the Rice Krispie Teat cools, you can slightly press the create a tighter ball. Place a Tootsie roll on the top for a stem and enjoy it. You can microwave the tootsie rolls for a few seconds to make them pliable so you can mold them a bit if you’d like! I also used a very small portion of green Laffy Taffy to make the leaf for decoration.
How to Store Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
Storing the Rice Krispie Treats is easy to do. I recommend letting the pumpkins sit out on the counter for a few hours to help the outer layer of the pumpkins dry out a bit. Once they are no longer sticky on the outside, they can easily all be stored together in a large zip top bag.
Don't Miss Out!!
Get all things food with a splash of real life right to your inbox!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Are NO BAKE Desserts your jam? I have so many more for you!
- No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Rice Krispy Treats
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Easy Fudge Recipe
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- orange food coloring
- 15 tootsie rolls
- In an extra large bowl, measure out the 8 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal. Set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until completely melted. (about 45 seconds)
- Add one entire bag of marshmallows, plus 1/3 of the second bag of marshmallows to the bowl with melted butter. Stir to coat the marshmallows in the melted butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 seconds mark.
- Add the vanilla to the bowl and stir until well combined and smooth. Add in the food coloring and stir until completly mixed in.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining 2/3 bag of marshmallows.
- Wet your hands with water and then gently press the Rice Krispie Treats into a small ball, about baseball sized. As the Rice Krispie Treats cool you can continue to gently press to create a tighter ball.
- Place a tootsie roll on the top for a stem.