Muddy Buddy Cookies are a mega soft Peanut Butter Cookie with Milk Chocolate Ganache, sprinkled with powdered sugar. This is a top notch cookie that it completely beginner friendly! Give them a try today!
Muddy Buddies Cookie Edition!!
I have been in a cookie kick lately though (see: Raspberry Lemonade Sugar Cookies, Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies, Chocolate and Cheesecake Cookies as a few examples!) so this is my latest creation: Muddy Buddy Cookies!
We are talking mega thick & soft Peanut Butter Cookie, Milk Chocolate Ganache and powdered sugar for that classic Muddy Buddy feel. Heart eyes for daeaaaays (and a happy tummy!), I tell you!
Ingredients for Muddy Buddy Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 cup butter (I use salted butter, and soften it in the microwave)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Powdered Sugar (for garnish)
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 3 cups favorite milk chocolate chips (my favorite brand is Guittard)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream.
Tips for making perfect Muddy Buddy Cookies
Mixing the cookie dough together is pretty standard. Cream together the butter and sugars, add the egg, vanilla and peanut butter and then lastly add in the remaining dry ingredients.
To scoop and press these cookies, I double scoop using my #50 cookie scoop . Basically I use two scoops to create the cookie dough ball for one cookie.
I like to roll the cookie dough around in powdered sugar for the fun frosted final look of the cookie, but this is totally optional. This does not change the final cookie’s taste.
Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press and smash the cookie dough ball, as pictured below.
I bake the cookies at 350° for about 9 or 10 minutes. You’ll want to pull the cookies would when they are puffy and no longer glossy looking on top. This is super important to insure nice, soft cookies! If the edges of the cookies start to turn brown, the finished cookie will be crunchy.
The cookies will also spread a bit, so don’t try to pack a lot of cookies onto the tray.
Once the cookies have baked and cooled, it is time to make the chocolate ganache. This is as simple as heating the heavy cream in the microwave until boiling and then pouring over the chocolate chips. Let the everything sit for 5 minutes and then stir, stir, stir until smooth.
Spoon and spread chocolate ganache onto each cookie and pop them into the fridge until ready to serve.
About 15 minuets before serving, remove from the fridge and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Because of the heavy cream in the ganache, these cookies do need to be stored in the fridge.
More Cookies to LOVE on!
- Sugar Cookies
- Reeses Pieces Cookie
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sprinkle Cookies
- Twix Cookies
- Bite Sized Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Salted Caramel Sugar Cookies
- Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
- All Cookie Recipes
Muddy Buddy Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 3 cups milk chocoalte chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.While the oven is preheating make the cookie dough.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape the sides, add in the eggs, vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until mixed.
- Scrape the sides and add in the flour, baking powder and cornstarch. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use a scoop to create equal sized cookies. Double scoop the cookie dough to make large bakery style cookies (more details given above).
- Flatten the cookie dough by gently pressing the bottom of a drinking glass down on the center of the cookie dough. Repeat with remaining dough. The cookies will spread slightly so make sure to leave room. I tend to only put 6 cookies per pan.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until the centers of the cookies have puffed up and are no longer glossy.Cool Completely.
- Microwave the heavy cream until boiling (about 2 minutes) and then pour the chocolate chips into the hot cream.
- Let the chocolate chips and hot cream sit for 5 mintues. After teh 5 minutes is over, stir until smooth.
- Let the Ganache cool and thicken slightly and then spoon and spread ganache onto each cookie.
- Refridgerate the cookies until ready to serve. About 20 or 30 minutes before serving, remove from the fridge and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Keep refrigerated!