Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are a small bite-sized chocolate chip cookie! All the flavor and chewiness of a regular chocolate chip cookie, in miniature form! These Mini Cookies are perfect for little hands and parties!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies- Bite-Sized Goodness!!
I don’t know why, but I am kind of mini obsessed. Small things are just the cutest, aren’t they? For example, my grocery store sells buttermilk in miniature milk jugs and I just can’t even handle it. Toy poodles.. be still my heart!
Itty bitty tiny things might be a weak spot with me. I know for a fact that these bite-sized chocolate chip cookies ARE a weak spot for me.
They are so pop-able! The good news is, you can literally eat 10 of these and not feel guilty about it! Each and every cookie is made with 1 teaspoon worth of dough. Yes! A teaspoon! These little guys bake up in no time!
I love to make these when we go to parties where there will be a lot of kids. They are perfect for little hands, just enough sweetness but nothing over the top. Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are also always a major hit at potlucks. Or even for a fun tea party for your daughter and her stuffed animals.
Ingredients in Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter- Real butter is always key in the best chocolate chip cookies! The flavor that comes from this ingredient is just so good!
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- The combination of 2 sugars give a wonderful depth of flavor, and the brown sugar keeps the cookie moist and chewy.
- Flour- All purpose flour is perfect for this recipe.
- Baking Soda
- Mini Chocolate Chips- Yes, you will need to use mini here. Not only are mini things adorable, but you need mini chips to get the right cookie to chocolate ratio.
How to make Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
I use the same base recipe for these mini chocolate chip cookies as my favorite Double Trouble Chocolate Chip Cookies. The only difference is I use mini chocolate chips and rolls them a whole lot smaller!
First, cream together the butter and sugars. Then add in the egg and vanilla.
Next goes in the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix thoroughly. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
After the mini chocolate chips are folded into the cookie dough, use a teaspoon measure spoon to scoop and roll the dough.
To make this process easier, I spray the measuring spoon with non-stick spray before scooping and then repeat whenever the cookie dough starts to stick.
The cookies will spread slightly while baking. Arrange on a cookie sheet, leaving about an inch in-between each cookie dough ball.
Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Pull the cookies out when the tops are no longer glossy. Let the cookies cool right on the hot pan, they will continue to cook a little bit more as they cool.
Best eaten the same day, but will store well in an airtight container for a few days.
How to store your Mini Cookies
Store your cookies in an air tight container. They will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days. If you are wanting them to last longer than that, you’ll want to freeze them.
How to Freeze Cookies
Arrange your cookies in a single layer on a cookie sheet and then freeze them for 30 minutes. This will freeze the outside of the cookie which means you can now toss them all into a large zip top bag and they won’t freeze together in one big lump. You can now just pull a few out at a time.
Pull them out of the freezer about 30 minutes before you want to serve them to allow the cookies time to come up to room temperature.. or eat them frozen like I do. They are seriously so good frozen!
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bite-Sized!)
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Fold the mini chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough out with a 1 tsp measuring spoon and arrange onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until the tops are no longer glossy.
- Cool on the pan. Best eaten the same day but will store well in an airtight container for a couple of days.