Reese’s Snack Mix combines Muddy Buddies, Reese’s Cereal, Reese’s Pieces, Mini Reese’s Cups and more! This is the ultimate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Lover’s mix!
Reese’s snack mix, peanut butter muddy buddies, or even peanut butter puppy chow- whatever you call it, you’ll have a hard time saying it with your mouthful. And that’s exactly what you’ll be doing- keeping your mouth full. I mean, this mixture is delicious and addictingly good, so it was inevitable.
This Reese’s snack mix isn’t the storebought variety hitting supermarket shelves near you. It’s a delicious blend of all your favorite peanut butter packed cereals, candies, and chocolates and tossed in a powdered sugar coating that will have you licking your lips after every bite.
This peanut butter muddy buddies recipe is so simple and easy to throw together that you can have it ready in under 5 minutes. You can even enlist the help of the kids to save yourself the tiny amount of manual labor required (like shaking a plastic bag). Quick, fast, and incredibly delicious, what more could you want?
What’s In Reese’s Snack Mix?
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Reese’s Puff Cereal
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Reese’s Pieces
- Mini Reese’s Cups
- Peanut Butter Chips
Check out the recipe card below for the exact steps and measurements!
How to Make Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
Making this snack mix really is quick, easy and delicious! There are 2 parts to this recipe, the muddy buddy base and then adding the Reese’s mix ins.
Making the muddy buddy base is as simple as measuring a few ingredients, melting them in the microwave and then a little stirring and some shaking. Muddy Buddies are one of my favorite no bake desserts there is! I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make these even easier for you!
Once the muddy buddies are finished, you can immediately toss them into a large bowl with your Reese’s mix ins to finish off this snack mix.
Tips for the Best Muddy Buddies
- Measure out your cereal into an obscenely large bowl prior to microwaving the peanut butter and chocolate. Measuring out first means that you’ll be able to stir everything together when the chocolate is still warm and easy to work with and that mega large bowl makes stirring so much easier. I use a giant 13 quart bowl!
- Use a silicone spatula when stirring the chocolate mixture onto the cereal. The silicone won’t stick to the chocolate so you’ll be able to get all of that chocolate onto the cereal easily!
- Measure out your powdered sugar into a large zip top bag, carefully transfer your chocolatey cereal to the bag, zip the top and shake, shake, SHAKE!!
How to store your Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
Store in an air tight container or zip top bag. This will stay fresh for 4-5 days although I highly doubt it will actually last that long. This stuff disappears at my house!
Can I Use Different Cereals?
Yes! Rice Chex is great, but feel free to switch it out for any other Chex (or similar) cereal variety. The Reeses puffs could also be switched for Captain Crunch’s peanut butter cereal. But feel free to use any of your favorite peanut butter or chocolate cereals depending on your preference.
Other Muddy Buddy Variations to Try
If you need a classic Muddy Buddy Recipe, don’t worry, I have you covered there. We can’t forget about my Cookies and Cream Muddy buddies, S’mores Muddy Buddies or Muddy Buddies in Cookie Form!! Oh, and LUCKY CHARM MUDDY BUDDIES. Yes, it’s a thing and they are amazing. 🙂
Reese's Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- 4 cups Reese's Puffs divided
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup mini Reese's Cups
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Measure out the Chex cereal and 2 cups of the Reese's Puffs into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out the powdered sugar into a large gallon sized zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and the butter. Microwave for a total of 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the cereal. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Add the covered cereal to the baggie with the powdered sugar. Zip the top tightly and shake until the cereal is completely covered with the powdered sugar.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and toss with the remaining Reese's puffs, Reeses pieces, Reeses mini cups and peanut butter chips.
- Will stay fresh in an air tight container for 3-4 days.