S’mores Muddy Buddies are a no bake snack mix made up of Golden Grahams, marshmallows, chocolate chips and of course the chocolate and powdered sugar covered cereal!
S’mores Snack Mix
S’mores Muddy Buddies are a smore snack mix made with Golden Graham cereal, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and all of your favorite muddy buddy ingredients and flavors. This recipe is so delicious and easy to throw together that you might be making up excuses just to eat it more often.
Unlike traditional smores where you need a campfire or indoor smores bars where you need to wait for them to set and cool before enjoying, these Smores Muddy Buddies are ready to eat moments after you finish mixing everything together. Making them a very fast snack option!
You’re going to love serving these Smores Muddy Buddies to friends and family (or keeping them to yourself). It’s a perfect treat to enjoy while binge watching your favorite shows on tv or the latest movie at home. Honestly, there’s no bad time for this snack mix recipe, so go ahead and make a batch today.
What’s In S’mores Muddy Buddies?
- Rice Chex Cereal: This is used for the Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow!
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips: We will need extra chocolate chips because they are used for both the muddy buddy mix and as an extra S’mores mix in!
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Golden Grahams
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make S’mores Muddy Buddies
Making this snack mix really is quick, easy and delicious! There are 2 parts to this recipe, the muddy buddy base and then adding the S’mores mix ins.
Making the muddy buddy base is as simple as measuring a few ingredients, melting them in the microwave and then a little stirring and some shaking. Muddy Buddies are one of the best no bake desserts there is! I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make these even easier for you!
Once the muddy buddies are finished, you can immediately toss them into a large bowl with your s’mores mix ins to finish off this snack mix.
Tips for the Best Muddy Buddies
- Measure out your cereal into an obscenely large bowl prior to microwaving the peanut butter and chocolate. Measuring out first means that you’ll be able to stir everything together when the chocolate is still warm and easy to work with and that mega large bowl makes stirring so much easier. I use a giant 13 quart bowl!
- Use a silicone spatula when stirring the chocolate mixture onto the cereal. The silicone won’t stick to the chocolate so you’ll be able to get all of that chocolate onto the cereal easily!
- Measure out your powdered sugar into a large zip top bag, carefully transfer your chocolatey cereal to the bag, zip the top and shake, shake, SHAKE!!
How to Store your Muddy Buddies Mix
Store in an air tight container or zip top bag for up to 3 days, but do’t be surprised if they don’t last that long. 😉
Other Muddy Buddy Variations to Try
If you need a classic Muddy Buddy Recipe, don’t worry, I have you covered there. Keep your eyes peeled, I have a Reese’s Muddy Buddy Mix coming soon. With Reese’s Puffs, Reese’s Pieces.. It is so good! We can’t forget about my Cookies and Cream Muddy buddies or Muddy Buddies in Cookie Form!! Oh, and LUCKY CHARM MUDDY BUDDIES. Yes, it’s a thing and they are amazing. 🙂
S'mores Muddy Buddies
- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- 4 cups golden grahams cereal divided
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cup milk chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Measure out the Chex cereal and 2 cups of the Golden Grahams into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out the powdered sugar into a large gallon sized zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add 1 cup of chocolate chips, peanut butter and the butter. Microwave for a total of 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the cereal. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Add the covered cereal to the baggie with the powdered sugar. Zip the top tightly and shake until the cereal is completely covered with the powdered sugar.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and toss with the remaining Golden Grahams, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Will stay fresh in an air tight container for 3-4 days.