Homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs are easy & delicious to make rich in your kitchen! This no bake treat is perfect every year on for Easter.
Making Reeses Eggs at Home
Reese’s peanut butter eggs are a delicious treat no matter how old you are, with a soft and creamy peanut butter filling surrounded in a delicious chocolate coating, it’s like a Reeses cup only better. The perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate in every bite and the fun shape of an easter egg.
This Reeses eggs recipe is one you’ll want to use all year long by switching out the shapes and making it fit new holiday themes (who can blame you?) With this one Easter eggs recipe you can have an entire batch of eggs, and no orange plastic wrapper waste to dispose of, I’d call that a win!
Making your own Reese’s eggs from scratch isn’t hard, in fact it’s actually pretty easy. Definitely a great recipe for beginner chefs or those without a lot of experience in the kitchen. So go ahead and try your hand at something new and make a batch of these eggs!
Homemade Reeses Eggs Ingredients:
- Butter: I use salted butter, because that is always what I keep on hand. If you only have unsalted butter, just make sure to taste the mixture and add in another pinch or two of salt if needed.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: We definitely want creamy peanut butter for this recipe over crunchy. We will still get that classic Reeses texture from an ingredient a little bit down the list.
- Powdered Sugar: This is one ingredient that you definitely can’t skip or substitute in any way. If you do’t have powdered sugar, run to the grocery store or borrow some from a neighbor!
- Finely Chopped Peanuts: This is what will give us that classic texture! I like to put mine in a food processor or blender. We want extremely fine chopped peanuts, so it is almost looks like sand.
- Chocolate Chips: Use your favorite chocolate chips, whether that is milk, semi sweet or dark!
- Vegetable Shortening: a small amount of vegetable shortening is used to help those chocolate chips set back up after they have been melted.
How to Make Reeses Eggs
Making Reeses eggs in your kitchen will be a breeze with my tips! There are a few things that will make things easier on you.
First, if you have an electric stand mixer or electric hand mixer, use it for this recipe! The peanut butter mixture is extremely thick and the electric mixers can blend everything together much better than we can by hand.
Use two pieces of parchment paper to help roll the peanut butter ‘dough’ out. Roll in-between the two sheets. You’ll want the peanut butter mixture rolled until about 1/2 inch thick.
Use a small egg cookie cutter! I purchased mine on amazon for a few dollars. Totally worth it!!
If you have an Instant Pot, utilize it when melting your chocolate!! I love this double boiler trick, especially because the keep warm button keeps that chocolate perfectly melted for as long as you need it.
Set the eggs in the fridge or freezer to quickly set the chocolate. Don’t worry, you are not the only one with little patience when it comes to treats. 😉
Can I Make These Homemade Reeses Eggs Vegan?
Yes, you can! By using plant based butter and a non-dairy chocolate you can easily convert this simple Easter egg recipe into one that is vegan! Just keep an eye on the store bought ingredients to ensure that they are vegan as well as product ingredients vary per brand and company.
How Should I Store These Reeses Eggs?
If it’s a chill enough weather that you don’t have to worry about chocolate melting when sitting on the counter, you can probably get away with these sitting in an airtight container on the shelf. But, for easier product managing, I recommend tossing them all into a large zip top bag and storing in the fridge.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Love No Bake Treats? Try these other recipes!
- Puppy Chow
- Reese’s Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Egg Free Monster Cookie Dough
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Oreo Pie
- Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Buckeye Balls
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar divided
- 1/2 cup finely minced peanuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vegetable shortening
- In a medium sized bowl using an electric mixer, combine the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in 2 cups powdered sugar, minced peanuts vanilla and salt. Mix as well as you can and then turn onto the table and knead.
- Slowly knead until youo have a smooth, but thick peanut butter 'dough'.
- Use a small cookie scoop to divide up the peanut butter mixer evenly. shape into eggs. (can use a cookie cutter if desired!)
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable shortening for 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth.
- Use a fork to help dip each of the eggs in the melted chocolate.
- Return to the parchment paper and repeat with remaining peanut butter eggs.
- Freeze for an additional 15 minutes, until set. Enjoy!