If you’re looking for an easy fudge recipe this Christmas season, look no further than my Hot Chocolate Fudge recipe! This fudge tastes just like Hot Cocoa and will impress even the toughest dessert critics.
Fudge always reminds me of the holiday season. This Christmas fudge gets its unique hot chocolate flavor from actually incorporating hot cocoa powder right into the recipe. This recipe also makes an entire 8×8 pan of fudge, so once you cut it up it’s a great treat to share with neighbors and friends.
Growing up, I remember thinking fudge must be so difficult to make, but this recipe is surprisingly simple. All you need is a few ingredients, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a cup of hot cocoa (to enjoy while you bake of course)!
Ingredients for Easy Fudge Recipe
- Heavy Cream – Heavy Cream is preferred for this easy fudge recipe, but if you’re all out, you can substitute regular milk instead. Just reduce the amount to only 2 tbsp of milk because of how much thinner it is compared to heavy cream.
- Hot Cocoa Powder – I usually just use one packet, but if you have a container of hot cocoa powder then use 4 tbsp instead.
- White Chocolate Chips – By including both white and milk chocolate chips, you can really taste the hot cocoa flavor!
- Milk Chocolate Chips – If you want a darker or richer fudge, try switching up the ratio of white to milk chocolate chips. Or, feel free to use dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips instead!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– just one 14 oz can!
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make Hot Chocolate Fudge
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Microwave the heavy cream in a small microwave safe mug for 30 seconds, or until hot.
- Then, stir the hot cocoa powder into the hot heavy cream. Once it’s fully dissolved, set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and the hot cocoa + heavy cream mixture.
- Microwave the bowl on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat the process of cooking for 30 seconds then stirring for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir the mixture until the fudge is smooth.
- Next, fold the marshmallows into the fudge.
- Now pour the mixture into the pan lined with parchment paper.
- Finally, let the fudge chill in the fridge until it is completely set.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
How should I store Hot Chocolate Fudge?
Because there is heavy cream in this fudge recipe, be sure to store it in the refrigerator!
How long can I save my Christmas Fudge?
Your Christmas Fudge is good in the fridge for up to one week. You can also store it in your freezer for up to 3 months!
Recipes Similar to Hot Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Frozen Hot Chocolate Cookie
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Peppermint Patties
Hot Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz packet hot cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small microwave safe mug, microwave the heavy cream for 30 seconds, or until hot.
- Stir in the hot cocoa packet until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate, milk chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and the hot cocoa + heavy cream mixture.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir until the fudge is smooth.
- Fold in the marshmallows and then pour into the prepared pan.
- Chill in the fridge until completely set.
- Cut and serve.
Leave a Reply