This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a simple, 2 minute, 3 ingredient fudge recipe! Using dark chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and York Peppermint Patties, this easy fudge recipe is a keeper!
Dark Chocolate Fudge
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday fudge, this should definitely be a contender. Chocolate peppermint fudge can bring your that refreshing peppermint taste while satisfying your sweet chocolatey desires.
This tasty fudge only requires a few minutes of your time and a few simple ingredients to pull it together. Perfect for a quick and easy dessert for your next last-minute gathering. Or, if you simply procrastinate and forget that you obligated yourself to attend one (not speaking from experience or anything 😉 ).
If you love fudge and peppermint, you will no doubt love this delicious and rich fudge dessert. That being said, I have tons of other fudge recipes to fill in the void and please the non-chocolate lovers as well. Can you say Cookie Dough Fudge? Say it quickly because you’ll be putting another bite in your mouth before you can say “yum.”
What are the ingredients for this chocolate peppermint fudge?
- Dark chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Fun-sized York peppermint patties
For the dark chocolate chips, I just used the store brand but I suggest using whichever brand is your favorite. If you have a hard time finding a large package of York Peppermint Patties, junior mints would also work really well!! Find the exact amounts and the steps to follow in the recipe card below!
How to make Microwave Fudge
To make microwave fudge, you’ll need 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. In this case, we are using dark chocolate. Pour your ingredients into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave in 30-second intervals until you reach a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring at every 30-second mark. At this point, you should be able to easily stir the fudge smooth. Stir to ensure that all of the lumps are out, and the fudge mix is nice and smooth. Your fudge is ready to be poured into your pan and set up!
For this Chocolate Peppermint Fudge, pour half of the fudge mix onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Spread it out using a silicone spatula until it makes a 9-inch square.
Lay 16 york peppermint patties onto the fudge. (It should be 4 rows and columns). Pour the remaining fudge over the top of the patties and spread it out evenly. Chop up the remaining york patties and sprinkle them over the top of the fudge.
Place your fudge in the fridge for at least 45 minutes or until the center of the fudge feels solid under light pressure. Cut your fudge into your desired number of squares and sizes, and enjoy!
Does Fudge need to be refrigerated?
I can’t speak for all fudge recipes universally, but this particular fudge recipe does not need to be stored in the fridge. It will stay fresh longer if kept in the fridge but it isn’t a requirement. The fudge will keep well at room temperature for up to 4 days. The fudge will stay good in the fridge for a few weeks.
Can you freeze chocolate peppermint fudge?
For a longer storage solution, you can freeze your chocolate peppermint fudge; this gets them to last for months. For the best freezing results, I recommend letting this chocolate peppermint fudge set and cool. After cutting into squares, individually wrap each piece with plastic wrap before storing it in an airtight container. This will keep it nicely portioned so that you can grab a piece whenever you want.
Want all the FUDGE RECIPES? Check these out!
- The Best Fudge Recipe
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Sugar Cookie Fudge
- Brownie Batter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 2 cups (400g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can (193ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 19 fun sized york peppermint patties
- Pour chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk into a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring at each 30 second mark.
- Stir the fudge vigorously until creamy and smooth.
- Pour out half of the mixture onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.Using a silicone spatula, spread the fudge into a square (approximately 9 inches).
- Lay 16 (4 rows of 4) York peppermint patties onto the fudge.
- Pour the remaining fudge mixture on top of the peppermint patties and spread evenly.
- Chop the remaining 3 peppermint patties and sprinkle on top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate the fudge for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the center of the fudge feels solid under light pressure.
- Cut the edges off of the fudge to create a clean edge. Proceed to cut the fudge into desired number of squares.