Funfetti Muddy Buddies is a sweet & crunchy, no bake cereal dessert that is loaded with that Funfetti flavor. With only 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes of work, this is going to be a go-to dessert!
Funfetti No Bake Dessert
Funfetti. No Bake Dessert. Two phrases that just make my heart sing!! Cake batter is a flavor that became popular several years ago, taking the dessert scene by storm! Shakes, Ice Cream, Dessert Dip, Doughnuts, Blondies, Rice Krispies, popcorn.. if you can think it, it has probably happened!
There is a variety of ways to get that iconic Cake Batter flavor into your desserts. Today, we are going to go straight to the source and use Funfetti Cake Mix.
This no bake Chex Dessert is very reminiscent of Muddy Buddies (or maybe you call it Puppy Chow, depending on where you live). The same process takes place in making this dessert. A little melting, stirring and shaking is all you’ll need to do.
Ingredients in Cake Batter Chex Mix
- Chex Cereal: I used Rice Chex, but corn would work great, too!
- White Chocolate Chips: Alternatively, you can use white almond bark.
- Canola oil: We will just use a tad, to thin out the white chocolate a bit to make it easier to coat the cereal with.
- Powdered Sugar: This is the classic coating on the outside of Muddy Buddies.. we will use a little of this and some..
- Funfetti Cake mix: This is where the magic happens. Trust me.
- Extra sprinkles: if you’re feeling a little extra yourself. 😉
Tips on making The Best Muddy Buddy Mix
Before you melt the white chocolate, measure out your cereal into the largest bowl you own. You want it excessively large, this will make stirring the chocolate onto the cereal so much easier.
Again, before you melt your chocolate, measure out your powdered sugar and funfetti cake mix into a large zip top bag. Trust me on the bag, zipping and shaking is way easier (and more fun) than trying to stir to coat.
When microwaving the white chocolate chips, microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until melted. Make sure to stir at each 30 second mark! The last and final tip, enjoy that Cake Batter Chex Mix. I may or may not be eating it out of a bowl with a spoon as I type this. 😉 This is a no judgement zone.
How to Store your Chex Mix
You’ll want to store your Chex Mix in an air tight container, that way it will stay fresh for days. There is no need to refrigerate the Chex mix, storing it in and air tight container on the counter is sufficient.
Other Muddy Buddy Variations to Try
If you need a classic Muddy Buddy Recipe, don’t worry, I have you covered there. Reese’s Muddy Buddy Mix, S’mores Muddy Buddies.. It is so good! We can’t forget about my Cookies and Cream Muddy buddies or Muddy Buddies in Cookie Form!! Oh, and LUCKY CHARM MUDDY BUDDIES. Yes, it’s a thing and they are amazing. 🙂
Funfetti Muddy Buddies
- 4 cups chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup funfetti cake mix
- Measure out the Chex cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out the powdered sugar and cake mix into a large gallon sized zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the whte chocolate chips. Microwave for a total of 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the canola oil into the white chocolate until completley incorporated. Pour the white chocolate into the bowl with the cereal. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Add the covered cereal to the baggie with the powdered sugar. Zip the top tightly and shake until the cereal is completely covered with the powdered sugar/ cake mix.
- Pour the cereal onto a large cookie sheet to dry. Will stay fresh in an air tight container for 3-4 days.