This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies are a fun and festive way to celebrate the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day and all of the other patriotic holidays! These cookies are crazy easy to make and kids always love them!
Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies
You know those deliciously soft and chewy cookies you’d get from your grocery store bakery while growing up that were covered with sprinkles?? Yes, those amazing things. I’m bringing them back, baby!
Make them right in your own kitchen! I make Sprinkle Cookies for all occasions and they are always festive. Shoutout to our MVP: SEASONAL SPRINKLES!! 😉
Where can I buy Red, White and Blue Sprinkles?
Can I tell you a secret? Remember that grocery store bakery we were just talking about? Yeah, go there! Almost all grocery store bakeries will sell you sprinkles in bulk! I got a 1 1/2 cup container full of these patriotic sprinkles for $3.99! #winning
What Ingredients are in Sprinkle Cookies
You will only need super simple, basic ingredients. Nothing crazy in this recipe!
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make Sprinkle Cookies
To make the sugar cookie dough, cream together butter and sugar until well combined. You should cream the butter and sugar for at least two minutes or until they are light and fluffy.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
After the eggs and vanilla have been mixed in well, add in the flour and baking powder. The dough will be very sticky. See the photo below for reference.
Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop and then roll the dough in the sprinkles. The sprinkles will stick easily to the dough.
Because the dough is so soft and sticky it is easy for the dough to lose it’s shape while being rolling in the sprinkles. Reshape into a ball before placing the cookie dough onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
The cookies will spread slightly while they bake, so I suggest limiting to 8 cookies per cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies at 350° for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
How to Store Sprinkle Cookies
Store at room temperature in an airtight container or zip top bag for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze Sprinkle Cookies?
Yes! For best results, freeze the cookies once they are completely cool after baking the cookies. This will help the cookies to stay moist, soft and chewy when thawed.
If you need to bake the cookies ahead of time, freezing the cookies until needed is the way to go.
Other Dessert Recipes to Love on!
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Cookie Dough
- Blonde Brownies
- Cheesecake Fruit Dip Recipe
- Oreo Pie
- Peanut Clusters
- Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Twix Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Sprinkle Cookies
- All Dessert Recipes
Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Either using a stand mixer or a handmixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Cream for about two minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated. The dough will be very sticky.
- Pour your sprinkles into a bowl. Scoop the cookie dough out of the mixing bowl and place in the sprinkles.
- Roll the dough around in the sprinkles until it is fully covered. Reshaped the dough into a ball before placing on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- The cookies will spread quite a bit while baking, so I suggest limiting each cookie sheet to about eight cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely on the pan.
- The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.