This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Pie is an ultra chewy pie. The Chocolate Chip Cookie is inside of a classic pie crust. Serve it up with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert. Kids absolutely love this pie!
Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe
Putting cookies inside of a pie isn’t a new trend, as you can see from my oreo cream pie recipe, putting the two together is generally a huge success. This pie is slightly different in that 1) it’s not a cream pie and 2) it is a baked pie!
The cookie dough is different than your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. This dough doesn’t have as much flour, when combined with a slow cook time the end result is an ultra chewy and gooey cookie center. If you are a fan of that ultra chewy, fudgey baked pie, you have to try this Brownie Pie Recipe. Yum.
What is in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie?
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Salted butter, room temperature
- All purpose flour
- Hershey bar
- Mini chocolate chips
- Pie crust
The addition of the Hershey’s bar definitely isn’t a requirement by any means, but those chocolate chunks take everything to another level!
If you want to make your own pie crust homemade, I have a Homemade Pie Crust Recipe you can use! You could definitely use store bought, too!
How to make a Chocolate Chip Pie
In a medium-sized bowl, use an electric hand mixer and beat two eggs until they’re foamy. Slowly add in your sugars and vanilla while continuing to beat for 2 minutes.
Cut your room temperature butter into small pieces and add them into the bowl along with the flour and salt. Mix it until it’s completely combined. Fold in the chopped Hershey’sbar and the mini chocolate chips.
Line a pie plate with the uncooked pie crust and pour your pie filling mixture in.Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. Allow the pie to cool until slightly warm before cutting and serving.
When serving the pie, you can warm it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, if needed, and then top it with ice cream. That is our favorite way to eat it!
Can I Freeze my Chocolate Chip Pie?
Yes! This pie freezes great! When you are ready to eat it, you can thaw and warm it through in the oven. 350° for 15 or so minutes should do the trick.
Need more PIE RECIPES in your life??
- Oreo Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Sugar Cookie Pie Crust
- Pink Lemonade Pie
- S’mores Pie
- Chocolate Pie
- Apple Pie Filling
- Strawberries and Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Pie
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the 2 eggs until foamy.
- Add in the sugars and vanilla. beat for 2 minutes
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the bowl along with the flour and salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the chopped Hershey's bar and mini chocolate chips
- Line a pie plate with the uncooked pie crust. Pour the pie filling mixture into the uncooked pie crust.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 min. You should be able to insert a toothpick and have it come out mostly clean before removing it from the oven. The top of the pie will darken in color. Allow the pie to cool until warm before cutting.