These Halloween Cookies are mostly treat but definitely have a trick! The chocolate chip cookies have a simple chocolate SPIDER on top! Kids go bananas over these cookies!
Spider Halloween Cookies
Spider cookies are a fun way to make desserts spooky just in time for Halloween. Pull a harmless prank on the kids and let them think the spiders are real. That just means more cookies for you! It’s a good deal!
Halloween themed cookies are a fun way to bring attention to a great holiday. Dressing up with family and friends and spending the evening together out in town while collecting more candy than your dentist would approve of is an excellent way to spend quality time with each other. Staying at home with these spider cookies is another. Ask your kids to help you make them or simply enjoy eating them while cuddled up watching Halloween Town. Check out my mummy cookies for another spooky treat!
What are the ingredients in these Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Here’s a look at the other ingredients you’re going to want to have on hand.
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Large Chocolate Chips
The exact measurements and steps to take are all in the recipe card below!
How to make Spider Cookies
Preheat your oven while you make your cookie dough to help cut down on the waiting time.
In a large bowl, cream together your butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add them to your wet mix. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and then scoop out the dough.
Roll the scoops into little balls so that they can all look uniform in shape. Then place one large chocolate chip upside down into the center of each cookie dough ball. My kids always LOVE helping with this part.
Bake for about 10 minutes and then let them rest on the pan to cool. After the cookies have cooled for about 10 minutes, melt approx 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
Transfer the chocolate to a zip top bag, snip a very small section off of the corner and use it as a piping bag. Pipe on the legs of the spiders! We added a little melted white chocolate for the eyes, too.
How to properly store your Spider Cookies
The best way to store these cookies is in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for up to 3 days. You can freeze them if you are either making the cookies ahead of time or have leftovers. They will stay good for about a month in the freezer.
Love COOKIES? Me, too! Look through ALL of my Cookie Recipes!
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Brownie Mix Cookie
- Twix Cookies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Halloween M&M Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Fold the mini chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Scoop and roll before placing onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Place one chocolate baking chip upside down in the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until the tops are no longer glossy.
- Cool on the pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup of the baking chips in the microwave. Transfer melted chocoalte into a zip top bag. Snip a very small portion off of the corner of the bag and pipe the legs onto the spider. You can add white chocolate eyes if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.