This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
S’mores Brownies are a fun twist on the classic, fudgey brownie recipe. Graham Crackers on the bottom, a thick homemade brownie layer and then topped with toasted mini marshmallows!
S’mores anything has been all over my radar lately. For some reason it makes me think that Summer *might* just be right around the corner. Come on, Summer, your girl NEEDS you!! I’ve been making my S’more bars recipe more than I’d care to admit with being stuck inside and it raining outside.
Now, you need to get your next s’more fix in brownie form. Trust me on this, the FUDGEY brownie is made from scratch and absolutely delicious. Plus, they are actually really easy to make!
How to Make S’mores Brownies- The Brownie
The brownie base in this recipe is guaranteed to be the thickest, fudgiest brownie you have ever made from scratch. It is perfection, seriously.
You’ll need everyday ingredients, nothing fancy here. Just sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, cocoa, milk, flour, salt aaaannd the secret ingredient: mini chocolate chips. The mini chocolate chips completely melt and bake into the brownies. You are not left with big chunks of chocolate throughout the brownie.. you are left with the richest fudge brownie you’ll ever make.
The batter will be moderately thick. Thick enough that you could scoop it, but it would be way too sticky to roll.
How to Bake S’mores Brownies
To assemble and bake the S’mores Brownies, you’ll first line your 8×8 pan with parchment paper. This will help remove those brownies once they have cooled. After the pan is lined with parchment paper, arrange graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
You’ll need a total of 4 1/4 graham crackers to cover the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Next, pour and carefully spread the brownie batter onto the graham crackers.
Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Once the brownies have passed the toothpick test, spread mini marshmallows on top of the baked brownies while the brownies are still hot. Turn the oven up to broil. Broil on the middle rackuntil the marshmallows are golden brown. This happens very quickly so keep your eye on them!
Remove the brownies from the oven after the marshmallows have been browned. Allow the brownies to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting. This will take a good hour or so.
How to Cut S’mores Brownies
If you only read one section of this post, let it be this one!! Those marshmallows, while delicious, are so very sticky!! The best way to cut the brownies is this: flip the brownies upside down (so the marshmallows are on the cutting board) and cut with a sharp, non-stick sprayed knife.
The non-stick spray is the key here- if you don’t use the spray, your knife will have a hard time cutting through those mallows.
How to Store S’mores Brownies
I suggest storing your brownies in an airtight container or baggie. They will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
If you’d like your brownies to last even longer, feel free to cut and freeze them for when you need a quick chocolate fix!
More Dessert Recipes you’ll LOVE:
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Blonde Brownies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipes
- Muddy Buddies
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, place the graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cocoa, flour and salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour and spread the brownie batter over the graham crackers in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediatley after taking the brownies out of the oven, turn the temperuature up to BROIL and sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top of the baked brownies.
- Broil on the MIDDLE rack of your oven until the marshmallows are golden brown. This happends quickly so keep an eye on it!
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before removing from pan and cutting. Cut using a sharp, non-stick sprayed knife.