No Knead Pizza Dough is so simple! Add your favorite toppings to this easy, fluffy pizza dough recipe that requires no special equipment!
Pizza Dough Recipe (the EASIEST!)
Making your own pizza dough can sound intimidating, but it’s no where near as crazy or as difficult as making yeast bread! In fact, pizza dough is so simple to make that it’s pretty hard to mess up. Think about it, even if you do make a mistake, add enough toppings and cheese and no one will notice!
Making your own pizza crust is something I recommend everyone try from time to time. There is nothing that can compare to the taste, smells or textures of a homemade pizza dough crust and when you make it yourself, you’ll see exactly what I mean!
Normally, a pizza dough requires that you use a stand mixer and knead it for several minutes to help develop the gluten and get the dough to the right consistency- we aren’t doing that today! While there is a small amount of kneading that needs to be done, it’s mostly to help get the dough to not be sticky and it is much more simple than the traditional method.
What’s in No Knead Pizza Dough?
You’ll find all of the ingredients you’ll need for your pizza dough below, along with important notes that will make your life easier! You can find specific amounts and instructions below in the printable recipe card.
- All Purpose Flour
- Active Yeast (You can use a packet or 2 1/4 tsp of yeast is equal to 1 packet.)
Warm Water (if you have an instant read thermometer, you want the water around 110°)
- Canola Oil
How to Make No Knead Pizza Dough
All you’ll need to make the pizza dough is a large bowl, sturdy spoon or spatula and the ingredients.
In the large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Stirring the water and the oil, stirring until everything is combined. it will look lumpy and shaggy, that is fine!
Cover the bowl and allow it to rise in a warm place for 1 hour. (if you have an Instant Pot, you can quickly proof it with your yogurt setting for 30 minutes!)
Flour your countertop and turn the dough onto the floured surface, gently kneading the dough until all of the dough is no longer sticky and is covered in flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a large circle that’s approximately 16 inches in diameter.
Top your dough with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes until it is golden brown.
Pizza Topping Suggestions
- Classic Pepperoni: red pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: bbq sauce, crispy chicken, red onion and mozzarella cheese
- Margherita Pizza: fresh tomato sauce, tomato slices, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella cheese
- Meat Lovers: red pizza sauce, pepperoni, bacon, sausage and mozzarella cheese
- Chicken Alfredo: Alfredo Sauce, sliced chicken, parsley, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese
- Chicken Bacon Ranch: ranch dressing, sliced chicken, bacon crumbles and mozzarella cheese
Tips for the PERFECT Homemade Pizza:
- Use full fat mozzarella cheese and slice it/ grate it yourself. Look for one that says ‘whole milk’ in the ingredient list. This will up your pizza game noticeably.
- Brush the crust with butter and sprinkle some garlic on prior to baking.
- A little sauce goes a long way, don’t overdo it here! Add with a light hand.
Can you freeze pizza dough?
Yes you can freeze it before baking. If you want to make freezer pizzas for meal prep in advance for pizza night then I highly recommend freezing it after its been rolled out and shaped AND topped that all you have to do is bake it, like you would a store-bought frozen pizza. Just make sure you keep it wrapped well while it’s in the freezer. You can also just freeze the dough, allow it to come to room temperature and then shape, top and bake.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Sides to serve alongside Pizza:
- Copy Cat Crazy Bread
- Fruit with Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Rice Krispies (for dessert 😉 )
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pkg yeast
- 3/4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in water and 2 tbsp of the oil. Stir until combined.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour. (If you have an Instant Pot, you can rise the dough quickly using the Normal Yogurt Setting for 30 minutes.)
- Flour your counter top and turn dough out onto floured surface, gently knead until all of the dough is covered in flour and no longer sticky.
- Use a rolling pin to roll into a large circle (approx 16 inches in diameter)
- Transfer the dough to a greased 16 inch pizza pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Top with your favorite toppings and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.