French Dip Sliders are a mega flavor sandwich baked in bulk with shredded beef, cheese and a secret Cream Cheese Spread! You won’t be able to eat just one!
French Dip Sliders
French dip sliders are a fun twist to a French dip sandwich. Normally these sandwiches are served on a large crunchy bread roll and served as a submarine sandwich which are then dunked in the juice. Because these French dip sliders are on bread rolls they’re not only smaller but they can also double as an appetizer!
Can you imagine serving these cute French dip sliders at your next party? I personally love all of the finger foods, snacks and appetizers when I have people over. Having these roast beef sliders on Hawaiian rolls (or whichever roll type you prefer) is a good way to add in a little nutritional value next to the dessert style ‘appetizers’.
Make your French Dip Sliders even easier by using my Instant Pot French Dip Recipe. This cuts down on time and makes life simpler. Plus the recipe is super delicious and goes great with these slider sandwiches! Just save a little au jus seasoning mix for these French Dip Sliders.
What’s In French Dip Sliders?
- Bread Rolls: you can use Hawaiian rolls, homemade dinner rolls or some from you local bakery. Just pick your favorite and you’ll be golden!
- Shredded Beef: This doesn’t have to be piping hot! I actually like to use leftover shredded beef for this recipe. I highly recommend using my Instant Pot French Dip Recipe if you have an Instant Pot.
- Cream Cheese: you can use whatever kind of cream cheese here, low fat, regular, whipped.. doesn’t matter all that much!
- Butter: I always use salted butter, you will want this room temperature!
- Au Jus Seasoning: you won’t need much, but this takes the flavor up about 10 notches! If you’d rather not use a seasoning packet, you can make your own at home.
- Swiss Cheese: or you could use provolone or whatever cheese is your favorite! You can use pre sliced cheese, slice your own or use shredded cheese!
How to Make French Dip Sliders
Preheat your oven to 350° and cut the bread rolls in half so that there is a top and a bottom. You’ll want a long bread knife (serrated) to do this. Set those rolls aside for a quick second.
Microwave the cream cheese in a bowl until it’s soft & easy enough to stir. Then stir in a portion of the butter and the au jus seasoning mix. Mix until well combined.
Spread the cream cheese mixture generously on the bottom of the rolls. save a little bit for the tops of the rolls!!
Place the shredded beef evenly across the rolls. Add the slices of Swiss (or preferred) cheese on top and then place the top of the bread rolls onto the cheese layer. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until the sliders are heated through and the cheese has melted.
Immediately upon taking the sliders out of the oven, brush a little bit of melted butter onto each roll, softening up the bread tops. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What To Serve With French Dip Sliders?
If you’re simply looking to turn these sliders into a meal, add a side of potato chips, french fries, roasted veggies, or even soup. These sliders really pair well with anything.
Why Do They Call It A French Dip?
A little bit of trivia for you!! Did you know that according to Food and Wine, French dip sandwiches were named after the heritage of the man who originally dropped a sandwich into the beef drippings? It apparently happened in Los Angeles, California. Other people claim it is because of the bread used for these sandwiches. Commonly the type of hard crusty bread used for French Dips is a French variety. Whatever the reason, I’m all here for the French Dip Sandwiches!!
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Want more Easy Dinners??
- One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- One Pot Creamy Ziti
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Bolognese Sauce
French Dip Sliders
- 12 rolls
- 2 -3 cups shredded beef cooked
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 2 heaping tsp au jus seasoning
- 6 slices swiss cheese or preferred cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut the rolls in half.
- Microwave the cream cheese until soft & easy to stir. Stir in 1/4 cup butter (easiest if it is toom temperature) and the au jus seasoning.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the rolls. Reserve a little bit of the cream cheese mixture for the tops of the buns.
- Place the shredded beef evenly across the rolls. Add the slices of Swiss cheese on top. Place the top of the rolls onto the cheese.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Melt the reamining butter. Immediately upon taking the sliders out of the oven, rush some butter onto each roll.
- Serve Immediately!