A rich, chocolate, brownie batter ice cream swirled with chopped cosmic brownies and extra candy coated chips for good measure. This NO CHURN Little Debbie Ice Cream Copycat Recipe is a keeper!
Cosmic Brownie Little Debbie Ice Cream Recipe
Man alive! If Little Debbie isn’t ruining my diet enough in one way, now she seems set on doing it in another. And I’m not even a little bit mad about it!
I’m a sucker for Cosmic Brownie. There is just something about the chocolatey nostalgia that I just can’t get enough of! Just check out my Cosmic Brownie Cookies or my Cosmic Brownie Copycat! I just love them!
But now Little Debbie has really done it! She went and released a whole series of Little Debbie ice cream flavors. And the best? You guessed it…Cosmic Brownie!
Super rich and chocolatey brownie batter ice cream filled with Cosmic Batter chunks and candy coated chips…and the results? Even better than it sounds! You are absolutely going to love this Copycat Recipe!
Ingredients for Cosmic Brownie Ice Cream
For exact ingredient amounts and specific numbered instructions, scroll down to the printable recipe.
For The Brownie Batter
- Melted Butter– I use salted butter. If you only have unsalted, add an extra pinch of salt to the batter.
- Brown Sugar– The combination of sugars gives a really rich deep flavor.
- Cream– There really isn’t a good substitute for this- Using anything but heavy whipping cream will give you icey ice cream instead of creamy ice cream.
- Vanilla– Use your favorite brand.
- Flour– We will quickly heat treat the flour to make it safe for consumption.
- Cocoa– Just unsweetened cocoa, doesn’t need to be dutch processed. I used the Hershey’s brand of cocoa.
For The Ice Cream Base
- Brown Sugar
- Heavy Cream– Again, don’t substitute this one!
- Whole Milk– If you are in a pinch, half ‘n half works okay as a substitute but whole milk is the best.
For The Mix Ins
- Cosmic Brownies– Chopped small!
- Candy Coated Chocolate Chips- These can sometimes be a little tricky to find, you can get them on Amazon, Hobby Lobby or in a pinch you can use mini M&M’s.
How to Make No Churn Little Debbie Ice Cream
Start by making the brownie batter.
In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the flour for 30 seconds. This heat treatment will make the raw flour safe to eat. Add the melted butter, both sugars, cream, vanilla, cocoa and salt and stir until well combined.
Now, make the ice cream base and combine it with the brownie batter.
In a blender, or with a bowl and an immersion blender, add the ingredients for the ice cream base and pulse to combine. Add the brownie batter and continue to pulse until the ice cream is thick and well combined.
How to Freeze No Churn Ice Cream
Pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze the ice cream for an hour and then stir. Repeat this process for 3 hours. After 3 hours fold in the chopped brownies and candy chips.
Return the ice cream to the freezer and freeze until solid.
Where to buy Little Debbie Ice Cream
If you’d like to buy some ice cream at the store, Little Debbie Ice Cream is exclusively sold at Walmart.
Little Debbie Ice Cream Flavors
Along with this Cosmic Brownie Ice Cream there are other flavors like Honey Buns, Zebra Cake, Strawberry Shortcake Rolls, Oatmeal Cream Pies, Nutty Bars, Swiss Roll, Star Crunch and Unicorn Cake! I plan on making copycat recipes for several of these flavors, so let me know which one you’d like to see next.
Can you make this ice cream with an ice cream maker?
You can, I haven’t found a difference in the final ice cream, though. If you’d like to try, follow your ice cream machine’s specific instructions.
More Little Debbie Ice Cream Recipes
- Coming soon!
Cosmic Brownie Little Debbie Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ice Cream Base
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Ice Cream Add-Ins
- 8 cosmic Brownies chopped
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolate chips
- Start by making the brownie batter: In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the flour for 30 seconds.
- Add in the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, cream, vanilla cocoa and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a blender add the ingredients for the ice cream base, pulse to combine.
- Add the brownie batter to the blender and pulse until well combined and thick. ( This can be done with an immersion blender, too.)
- Pour into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 1 hour, stir. Repeat this for 3 hours.
- Once it has been in the freezer for 3 hours, it should be quite thick. Fold in the cosmic brownies and candy coated chocolate chip.
- Freeze until solid. The time frame for this will depend on the size and shape of your container.
Leave a Reply