Peanut butter ice cream with a fudge swirl and studded with chocolate covered waffle cone pieces. This ice cream somehow brings together all the flavors of Little Debbie Nutty Bars into perfect ice cream harmony!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Summer is here! And with it, ALL THE HEAT! Where there is heat, in my kitchen, there is ICE CREAM! With Little Debbie recently releasing ice cream flavors based on all our favorite nostalgic treats, I have been in full blown ice cream mode!
Yummy flavors like Cosmic Brownie Ice Cream, Zebra Cake Ice Cream, and now the infamous, Nutty Buddy Ice Cream! And YES it is absolutely as good as it sounds! Rich and creamy peanut butter ice cream, rippled with decadent chocolate ganache and studded with chocolate covered waffle cone pieces.
This flavor will take you back to your school days of brown bag lunches, but somehow, even better!
Ingredients for Nutty Buddy Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Full Ingredient list, amounts and numbered instructions can be found below in the printable recipe card.
For The Ice Cream Base
- Heavy Cream– Don’t substitute this ingredient. Using a lower fat alternative will give you icy ice cream!
- Whole Milk– In a pinch you can use half and half, but whole milk works best.
- Peanut Butter– Use creamy!
- Brown Sugar– The brown sugar will give you a deep, rich flavor.
- Salt– salt is super important, actually. This enriches the flavor and brings out the sweetness.
For The Mix Ins
- Milk Chocolate Chips– Some will be used to make the chocolate ganache and some for the chocolate covered waffle pieces.
- Heavy Cream
- Coconut Oil- You can use canola oil if you don’t have any coconut oil.
- Waffle Cones
How to Make No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
In a blender, or with a bowl and an immersion blender, add the ingredients for the ice cream base and blend until smooth and thick.
Pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze the ice cream for an hour and then stir. Repeat this process in an hour.
While the ice cream is in the freezer make your waffle pieces by breaking your waffle cone into big bite size pieces.
In a microwave safe bowl add 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and your coconut oil. Put the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir. Repeat this process until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Using a fork, dip each waffle piece into the chocolate and set aside on parchment paper or a silicone mat to harden and cool.
Now make the fudge by placing the cream in the microwave for 45 seconds or until the cream is steaming. Pour 2/3 cup chocolate chips into the cream and let them sit for 5 minutes in the hot cream. Stir until smooth.
Allow the ganache to sit until it has returned to room temperature.
When your ice cream is thick, but still easily pourable, fold the waffle pieces into the ice cream.
Next pour about half of the fudge into the ice cream and fold it in. Be careful not to mix it too much, you want a chocolate ripple, not chocolate ice cream.
Finally pour the remaining fudge on top of the ice cream and, using the back of a knife, swirl the fudge into the ice cream by dragging the knife through the ice cream back and forth until the fudge is swirled through.
Return the ice cream to the freezer and freeze until solid.
Can you make this with an ice cream maker?
Yes! Just follow the directions on your particular ice cream maker until the ice cream is thick like a soft serve ice cream. Fold in the waffle cone pieces and swirl in the fudge as per the directions.
What is Little Debbie Ice Cream?
Little Debbie, the brand responsible for all of our childhood snacks like zebra cakes, cosmic brownies and their nutty buddy bars has recently released a line of ice creams inspired by the treats. This is a recipe inspired by their nutty bar ice cream.
More Little Debbie Ice Cream Flavors
- Cosmic Brownie Ice Cream
- Zebra Cakes Ice Cream
Nutty Buddy Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Fudge Swirl and Mix ins
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil (can substitute canola)
- 1-2 waffle cones
- Add all of the ingredients for the ice cream into a blender. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for 1 hour. Stir the ice cream at the 1 hour mark. Return to the freezer and repeat again in one hour.
- While your ice cream is in the freezer, make the chocolate covered waffle cones.
- Carefully break your waffle cones into larger bite sized pieces.
- In a microwave safe bowl, measure out 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips and add the coconut oil to the bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for an additional 15 seconds and then stir until everything is melted and combined.
- Using a fork, dip and coat each waffle cone piece in chocolate and then place it on a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the waffle cone pieces are covered.
- Place the waffle cone pieces in the fridge or freezer until set.
- Make the fudge swirl by microwaving the heavy cream for 45 seconds. The cream should be boiling.
- Add the remaining 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips to the cream and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the heavy cream until creamy and smooth.
- Allow the chocolate to cool on the counter until closer to room temperature. It should be very thick but still pourable.
- When your ice cream is thicker, but can still be easily stirred, it is time to add the mix ins.
- First, fold in the chocolate covered waffle cone pieces.
- Next drizzle about half of the chocolate fudge onto the top of the ice cream and gently use a silicone spatula to press and fold the chocolate layer down into the ice cream.
- Drizzle the top with the remaining chocolate and take a knife and move it back and forth through the ice cream from one side to the other to 'swirl' the chocolate.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until solid.
Leave a Reply