Super sweet and creamy vanilla ice cream fresh from your own kitchen. This recipe couldn’t be more simple or more delicious.
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Who doesn’t love ice cream? The truth of the matter is, there are very few things in life as amazingly satisfying as homemade ice cream! Even if you are trying to be a bit healthier, there is an ice cream for you- give this Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream a try.
But some people just don’t own an ice cream maker. Or if they do, they don’t want to deal with the hassle of the set up, the ice, the salt etc.
Enter my no churn vanilla ice cream. It is light and sweet and perfect for hot summer days. But the best part is, no ice cream machine! You are just 5 simple ingredients and some freezer time away from some of the best and easiest ice cream you will ever make!
Ingredients for Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This is one ingredient that you just can’t skimp on. Yes it is heavy, but it will result in creamy ice cream instead of icy ice cream.
- Whole Milk– You could substitute half and half here if you need to, but I wouldn’t substitute for a lower fat ice cream, for the same reason that I wouldn’t substitute the heavy cream.
- Granulated Sugar– just granulated sugar for this recipe since it is a vanilla ice cream.
- Vanilla– Obviously, the better quality vanilla, the better flavor your ice cream will be.
- Salt– this will balance out the sweetness and really enhance the vanilla flavor.
How to Make No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
In a blender, or with a bowl and an immersion blender, add the ingredients for the ice cream and blend until smooth and really thick, similar to a whipped cream.
Pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze the ice cream for an hour and then stir. Repeat this process in an hour and then again the hour after that until it has frozen 3 hours and been mixed 3 times.
Return the ice cream to freezer and freeze until solid.
Can I use an ice cream machine for this?
You can, just follow your ice cream machine’s instructions for operating.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients for the ice cream into a blender. Blend until smooth and thick, about 30 seconds. It should be similar to a whipped cream.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for 1 hour.
- Stir the ice cream at the 1 hour mark. Return to the freezer and repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 hours.
- Then freeze until solid (I usually just freeze overnight).
Margaret Winn says
Just made this ice cream and it is wonderful! Worth all the whisking and freezing. I used 1 Tablespoon of real vanilla extract (I LOVE vanilla) and it was vanilla paradise! Thank you.