Valentines Snack Mix is made up of fun colorful Valentines Candy combined with the classic chocolate peanut butter Muddy Buddies. This is one all the kids LOVE!
Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddy Mix
In our family we do Valentine’s Day. I mean we REALLY do it! There is just something about the celebration of love that I absolutely…well…LOVE! And I always want to share that excitement with my kids!
Because of this love for all things Valentines Day, I am all about the festive treats! Especially my chocolate strawberry cheesecake cookies, and these amazing Valentine’s Day muddy buddies.
You can’t go wrong with Chocolate Covered Strawberries, get extra fancy with them and make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Skewers! Of course, Valentines Day Sugar Cookies & my Chocolate Caramel Brownies are high up on the list, too. (Desserts are my love language, if you couldn’t tell.)
Try putting some of these muddy buddies in a little cellophane baggie with a bow for a cute take away for a school Valentine’s Day party! Truly these can’t be beat!
Ingredients In Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddy Mix
- Rice Chex’s Cereal- I always use Rice Chex for my muddy buddies, they just have a better texture for the final product. But if you only have Corn Chex that can work too.
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips- I prefer the flavor of milk chocolate, but I have seen muddy buddies made with white chocolate and dark chocolate too. To each their own.
- Creamy Peanut Butter- You want to use creamy. The final product should be super smooth.
- Valentine’s M&M’s- These are the cute mix that is red and pink.
- Cherry Heart Candy
- Conversation Hearts- These are just the candies that my family likes in these muddy buddies, but you can definitely mix and match. I always recommend the M&M’s, because who doesn’t love them? But you could also use other Valentine’s candy, or even Valentine’s sprinkles! Just make sure you have 3 cups of candy all together!
How To Make Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddy Mix
Measure out the Chex cereal into a large bowl and set aside. It is important to do this first thing, that way the chocolate mixture doesn’t start setting up while you are trying to measure the cereal.
Measure out the powdered sugar into a large gallon size bag and set aside. Trust me on this one, shaking the powdered sugar is SO much better than stirring it.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave the mixture for a total of 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark. Remove it from the microwave and continue to mix until smooth.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the Chex and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Add the chocolatey cereal to the bag with the powdered sugar. Zip the top tightly and shake until the cereal is completely covered with powdered sugar. Pouring the chocolate covered cereal into the bag is sometimes a two person job, one person scooping and pouring while the other one holds the bag open. This is a great job for kids to do! They also love to shake the powdered sugar!
Pour the muddy buddies into a fresh bowl. Add in your Valentine’s Day candy and toss to combine.
How To Store Muddy Buddies
Muddy Buddies will stay fresh for 3-4 days in an airtight container. But my family always devours them too quickly to store, if I’m being honest!
If you loved what you saw here, get more of it on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
More Valentine’s Day Treats
Valentines Snack Mix
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup valentienes M&M's
- 1 cup cherry hearts
- 1 cup conversation hearts
- Measure out the Chex cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out the powdered sugar into a large gallon sized zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave for a total of 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the cereal. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Add the covered cereal to the baggie with the powdered sugar. Zip the top tightly and shake until the cereal is completely covered with the powdered sugar.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and add in the m&m's, cherry hearts and conversation hearts. Toss to mix.
- Will stay fresh in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
Leave a Reply