Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Skewers are a fun, festive, portable dessert that combines the classic flavors of strawberries and chocolate. Perfect for Valentines or anniversaries!
Chocolate dipped strawberry skewers are a great treat for Valentine’s day or any time you want to enjoy the deliciousness of fruit and chocolate. (Think anniversaries or other special occasions).
While you could simply buy an edible arrangement or pre-dipped strawberries from a company or store, I think we can all agree that they are overpriced and don’t give you very much. When you make them yourself you’re not only saving money, but you’re also getting a lot more for your money.
Chocolate dipped strawberry skewers are just like the chocolate-dipped strawberries you’re used to but on a stick. This makes them portable, gives you bigger portions, and honestly, they just look a lot cooler this way. Make a few of these skewers and serve them to your significant other in (a clean) vase as if they were flowers, and you have a romantic gift and dessert in one!
What’s needed to make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Skewers?
- Strawberries- I like to use smaller strawberries on the skewers if you have a choice when you go pick them up!
- Dipping Chocolate- I prefer actual dipping chocolate but chocolate chips can suffice if need be.
- White Chocolate- just for decoration if you’d like!
- Long wooden Skewers- these can usually be found in the baking isle of the grocery store.
For exact directions, check out the printable recipe card below. 🙂
Tips for perfect Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash and dry your strawberries completely. Make sure that you get every last water drop, or else chocolate may not stick in that spot. I like to wash them in the morning and allow them to completely air dry for a few hours prior to dipping them.
- Take the tops off of the strawberries and then carefully hull them. I do this easily with a strawberry huller that I got on amazon.
- Try to pick similar sized strawberries to go onto each skewer, I like the look of consistency this gives.
- If using chocolate chips, add either shortening (like crisco) or coconut oil to the chocolate chips. This will help the chocolate set back up.
- You can pop the strawberries into the fridge to set up quickly if you’d like.
How long do chocolate covered strawberries last?
You can expect your chocolate covered strawberries to last two to three days in the fridge after you make them, but you’ll want to eat them sooner rather than later. Keep them stored inside of an airtight container, and eat within 48 hours for the best tasting results.
How do you keep chocolate covered strawberries from sweating?
If you make your strawberries too far in advance and keep them stored inside of the fridge, you’ll notice that the chocolate begins to sweat as they sit out. This is a normal reaction and one you can only avoid with proper planning. If you make chocolate dipped strawberries, plan to eat them the same day so that they aren’t in the fridge for very long. This will prevent them from sweating.
Looking for more fun Valentine’s Day Recipes?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Meringue Cookies
- Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- Chocolate dipped Strawberry Skewers
- Valentine Dinner Ideas
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Fondue
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Skewers
- 40 small strawberries washed, dried, carefully hulled
- 1 lb dipping chocolate (milk, semi-sweet or dark will work)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips optional
- 8-10 wooden skewers
- wash and dry the strawberries completley
- Take the tops off of the strawberries and carefully hull them.
- Line up 4-5 strawberries on each skewer.
- Melt your dipping chocolate in your preferred method whether that be on a double boiler, in the microwave or by using your Instant Pot (that is how I do mine)**
- Dip each strawberry skewer into the chocolate. Use a silicone spatula to help cover the strawberries in chocolate. Once completely covered, place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Pop the strawberries into the fridge to help the chocolate set quickly.
- After about 5 minutes, melt the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate onto the strawberries. Return to the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden completely.
- Store in the fridge.