Banana Cream Cheesecake is a simple, no bake recipe that can be made with a springform pan or into bars! Banana Cream desserts always hit the spot.
Banana Cream No Bake Cheesecake
Cheesecake is one of those desserts that seem to elevate any occasion, right? Like, if you want to make anything fancy, serve cheesecake. But let me tell you, it does not have to be hard!! Or keep your oven on heating your house for hours every time you make it! Seriously!
This no bake recipe is perfect, every time. Plus, you can cut and serve it easily. No more messy, sloppy no bake cheesecakes at your house. Only pretty and seriously delicious ones!
For this version, I chose to flavor it Banana Cream. Which my brother-in-law absolutely loves, so I was excited to deliver a few over to him as a surprise. This is like Banana Cream pie, but 10x better. Not even kidding.
The choice is up to you, you can make this into a full cheesecake, with a springform pan and everything, or you could cut into bars or even little bites! This recipe is versatile and perfect for any occasion.
What is in Banana Cream Cheesecake?
- Nilla Wafers: I like to use Nilla Wafers for my crust, but you could definitely substitute for any cookie crumb you like best. Graham crackers, Golden Oreos, or Nutter Butters would all be delicious!
- Butter: I generally use salted butter but if you only have unsalted, that will work well, too!
- Whipping Cream: We are needing heavy whipping cream, unfortunately there is not a good substitute for this. You will need the heavy whipping cream to make this recipe successfully.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is what we need. This is what will add the sweetness to the cheesecake for us.
- Cream cheese: we need 3 entire blocks of cream cheese for this recipe! They also need to be room temperature to insure a smooth and creamy cheesecake.
- Banana Cream Pudding Mix: We will use two 3 oz boxes of banana cream pudding mix, or you can use one large, 5 oz box. Obviously, the flavor will be a tad stronger with the 2 small boxes of pudding.
How to make Banana Cream Cheesecake
To make your crust, we will combine 3 cups of cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup of melted butter. I like to use my blender to get my cookies into a nice, fine crumb. You can place them into a zip top bag and use your rolling pin if you’d like though!
Press your crust into a parchment lined pan. Whether that pan is a 9 inch springform pan or a half sheet pan, that is up to you!
Toss the crust in the freezer to set up while we make the filling.
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
The cheesecake filling is made up of two components made separately and then they are folded together. The two components are whipped cream and the flavored cream cheese mixture.
Let’s start with the whipped cream. To easily do this, you will want either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer. We will just beat the cream and sugar until the whipped cream is thick, and forms stiff peaks. Think the texture of hair mousse. 😉
We will set that aside for now and work on our flavored cream cheese mixture. First, cream the room temperature cream cheese until is is extremely smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl and cream again. Now, slowly, add in the pudding mix until all of the powder has been added. Again, scrape the sides and cream.
Now it is time to combine the two components! Now slowly add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture while mixing. Add until all of the whipped cream has been added.
Your cheesecake filling is now complete! It is now time to carefully pour and spread the filling onto the crust. Smooth out the filling so it is flat on top.
Now the hardest part, refrigerate overnight before cutting. (Or you can toss it into the freezer for a few hours if you just can’t wait!)
How to store your Banana Cream Cheesecake
Store your cheesecake in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you want your cheesecake to last longer than that, you can freeze your cheesecake for a few months!
Just cut, place on a cookie sheet and then freeze for a few hours. Once the cut pieces are frozen you can then place them in a zip top bag and store in the freezer without the cheesecake pieces freezing together.
Love Cheesecake? Me too! Try some of my Favorites:
- No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Bites
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Banana Cream Cheesecake
- 3 cups Nilla Wafers cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 24 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 3.4 oz pkg banana cream pudding mix
- Combine the melted butter and cookie crumbs to create the crust mixture.
- Press the crust into the bottom of a parchment lined 9 inch springform pan or onto the bottom of a parchment lined half cookie sheet. Place in the freezer while making the cheesecake filling.
- Whip together the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the pudding mix (just the powder!) until completely incorporated and smooth. Scrape sides and cream agian.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour and spread into the crust and refrigerate.
- Allow the cheesecake to chill in the fridge overnight before cutting.