Instant Pot Cheater Ciabatta Rolls are just as chewy and airy as the real thing! These rolls are the cheater version because they are done in just a few hours instead of over the course of two days!
Instant Pot Cheater Ciabatta Rolls are just my style. It’s the cheater that gets me. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about working long and hard to get all of the things done. But bread is a weakness. As are most carbs, but especially bread. When I decide I need some french bread in my life, I want it now, not in 6 hours. (Good thing I have a solution to that problem, huh?)
The same goes for Ciabatta Rolls. These rolls are absolutely my Instant Pot Shredded Beef’s soulmate when it comes to French Dip Sandwiches. The closest store that carries ciabatta rolls is over a 20 minute drive from my house! By the time I pack up all 3 kids, drive there, spend way to much time (and money) inside of the store and make it back home, I could have made my own! Ain’t nobody got time for that!
The dough is literally thrown together inside the Instant Pot, and then will rise inside for 2 hours. (Thank you, yogurt button!) The dough is very sticky, and should be handled as little as possible. once the 2 hours is up, the dough is gently scraped out and onto some parchment paper. You’ll flour the top of the dough and then carefully pat it into a rectangle and then cut into rolls using a pizza cutter.
From here, the rolls need to rest and rise one last time in a warm place for 30 minutes. I like to put mine on top of my oven. At the 15 minute mark, put an oven-proof sauce pan filled halfway with water inside your oven and turn it on to 500° to preheat. (Nope, not a typo!) You will then bake your rolls for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Love these Cheater Ciabatta Rolls? Try them with some of my other recipes!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Best Ever BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Instant Pot Shredded Beef
- Chicken Salad
Did you make my recipe? I love to connect with my readers! Comment, post or tag me! @cookingwithkarli
Instant Pot Cheater Ciabatta Rolls
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- Add the dry ingredients to your Instant Pot and stir to combine them. Pour the water over the flour mixture and stir just until there is no more wet flour.
- Cover the Instant Pot with a glass lid. Press the Yogurt button and adjust to LOW. Let the dough rise for 2 hours. Alternatively, you could let the dough rise on the counter for 4-5 hours.
- Once the dough has risen for 2 hours, gently scrape the dough out onto a floured piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle some flour on top of the dough and then careful shape into a rectangle. DO NOT KNEAD.
- Use a pizza cutter and cut into 6 rolls. These are meant to be rustic looking, so don't worry about the appearance too much.
- Let the rolls rest and rise for 30 more minutes in a warm place. At the halfway mark (15 minutes) place an oven-proof sauce pan filled halfway with water into the oven. Then turn the oven on to 500°. (Not a typo!)
- Once the 30 minutes is up, bake the rolls in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.