This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a homemade, moist banana bread muffin filled with chocolate chips.
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
I am a HUGE banana bread lover! I find myself tripling my bananas at the store just so I can make banana bread. But these muffins are even better, all the amazing flavor of banana bread, but they bake in half the time! And let’s be honest, the quicker I am eating these amazing muffins the happier I am!
These muffins combine the perfect light texture, with loads of banana goodness; but if chocolate and banana isn’t your thing, this recipe is also super versatile! Try mixing in nuts, peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips, blueberries, butterscotch chips, even shredded coconut! Sky is the limit! Mix, match, experiment and come up with your perfect combination!
Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Ingredients
- Melted Butter- I always use salted butter.
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar and brown sugar only for this recipe to keep it ultra moist.
- Eggs- We will need 2 for this recipe!
- Mashed Bananas- We will use a total of 2 cups of mashed bananas. This is equal to about 4-6 overripe bananas.
- Flour- All purpose flour will do the trick.
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla- This recipe calls for a lot of vanilla- trust me on this! This really enhances the banana flavor.
- Chocolate Chips- Or any ole’ mix-in your little heart desires.
How to Make this Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line your muffin tins. I use large tins. You can use small, but note that it will change your cook time. Smaller muffins=less cook time.
- Mix together the melted butter and the brown sugar. You can use a hand, or a stand mixer, whatever you have…or whatever you feel like washing later.
- When your butter and sugar are mixed, add the vanilla, eggs and mashed bananas. Then take a second to smell, because…YUM!
- Slowly incorporate your dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients come together. YOU DO NOT WANT TO OVERMIX! This will make your muffins tough, and NOBODY wants tough muffins!
- After everything is mixed, gently fold in your chocolate chips.
Pour your batter into the muffin tins. I like to place a few chocolate chips right on top, because it looks pretty…and because you can always use a little bit more chocolate.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Make sure they pass the toothpick test before pulling them out of the oven. Let them cool a bit before diving in.
And that’s it! Warm, moist and gooey banana muffins! So easy, but oh so tasty!
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Tips
How to Ripen Bananas Quickly for making Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Any time you are baking with bananas, the riper the banana, the stronger the flavor will be. If you need to ripen bananas quickly, try placing them in a bag with another piece of ripe fruit and seal the bag. The ripe fruit will release ethylene and make the bananas ripen faster.
Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins FAQs
Here’s the good thing – ripe bananas naturally add a lot of moisture to your muffins, so you typically don’t have to worry about them drying out too much. If you are encountering dry muffins, make sure you avoid overmixing and overbaking the batter! This can cause your muffins to become dense and dry!
Bananas can be very ripe for banana bread muffins – it just means the natural sugars are more concentrated and will yield a sweeter, more moist muffin. BUT if the bananas are moldy or have an off smell, they’re TOO ripe and should NOT be used.
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Muffin and Quick Bread
- Pancake Mix Chocolate Muffins
- Pancake Mix Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with liners.
- Using either an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add in the vanilla, eggs and mashed banana.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocoolate chips. Portion out into the muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. It should pass the toothpick test before taking out of the oven.
- Let cool slightly or completely before serving, according to your preference.