Cookie dough pie is a decadent, no bake pie full of edible cookie dough with the light texture of a cream pie! This is as good as it gets!
Cookie Dough Pie
Who doesn’t love cookie dough? I don’t think there is a kid alive that didn’t try sneaking pieces of cookie dough from the bowl while “helping” our moms bake cookies. So if you love cookie dough like I love cookie dough this cookie dough pie recipe really delivers!
This recipe is everything you could possible want from a culinary mash up of 2 of the best guilty pleasures! It sure to be a crowd pleaser and a fun new addition to your Thanksgiving Day table!
Ingredients In Cookie Dough Pie
- Chocolate Pie Crust- I made mine from scratch using this chocolate cookie recipe, but you could definitely use an Oreo crust if that is easier for you!
- Butter- If you use salted butter just omit the salt in the recipe.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar is what gives cookie dough that signature cookie dough flavor.
- Flour- All Purpose flour is what you will need.
- Mini Chocolate Chips- It is important that they are mini chips. Since the cookie dough isn’t baked and the chocolate chips don’t melt, the large chocolate chips are too big and hard for this recipe since it is kept in the refrigerator.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
How To Make Cookie Dough Pie
The first thing you’ll need to do is prepare your pie crust, whether that be by baking a cookie pie crust or making an Oreo crust. To make an Oreo Crust, combine 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs and 3 tbsp of melted butter. Press into the bottom of your pie plate. You could also purchase an Oreo crust pre-made from the store!
Cream together your butter and sugars until light in color and slightly fluffy. Scrape the sides and add the vanilla and milk.
At this point you will want to heat treat your flour. Eating raw flour can cause food poisoning. So to eliminate this risk you may want to heat treat the flour by baking it in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, or microwaving it for 1 minute.
Add the treated flour to the creamed sugar mixture. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
In a separate bowl or in a stand mixture, whip 1/2 cup of cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold your cookie dough into your whipped cream, add chocolate chips and continue to fold.
Spread the cookie dough/cream mixture on the bottom of the pie crust. Now whip the remaining cream with sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Top the pie with the whipped cream and chill.
How to store this pie
This pie can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or it can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Can this pie be made in advance?
Yes! This pie is a perfect candidate for making early, before thanksgiving or another get together. it really does keep well in the fridge for a few days. So making a day or two ahead of time won’t be an issue. I’d cover the pie, just to make sure the whipped cream doesn’t soak up any flavors inside of the fridge.
There you have it! This fun new pie recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Cookie Dough Pie
- 1 chocolate pie crust can use oreo pie crust
- 1/4 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup heat treated flour*
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream divided
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Either purchase or prepare your chocolate pie crust.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Scrape sides of your bowl and add in vanilla and milk.
- Mix in the heat treated flour and salt until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Using beaters or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer, whip 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently and throughly fold the whipped cream and cookie dough together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the bottom of the pie crust.Whip the remaining heavy whipping cream with the granulated sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Top the pie with the whipped cream.
- Allow the pie to chill in the fridge for at least 30 mintues before slicing and serving. *
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.