Chocolate Chip Muffins made with Pancake Mix is a life hack that will change everything! Now you can whip up muffins in no time! They are fluffy, moist and jam packed with mini chocolate chips.
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Using pancake mix to make this easy muffin recipe makes it even simpler. No measuring out salt or leavening agents because they’re already in the box saving you a few minutes of time and the hassle of washing measuring spoons.
You’re going to love this pancake mix muffin recipe because it’s so incredibly simple and delicious. All it takes is a few additional ingredient and mixing them together.
These chocolate chip muffins taste great and make a delicious and fun breakfast or snack to enjoy. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy chocolate chips? The name of this recipe should have been a warning for how good these little muffins would be! Don’t be surprised if you find them missing shortly after they’ve done baking. Muffins always taste great warm and the gooey melted chocolate chips will make them irresistible.
Bisquick Muffins Chocolate Chip Ingredients
- Pancake mix- Use the ‘just add water’ kind! This one already had the leavening agents you need. 🙂
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter- Melted! Alternatively you can use canola oil, if desired.
- Mini chocolate chips- I like the mini ones because it means you get chocolate bursts in every bite, but you could definitely use whatever kind of chocolate chips you prefer.
How to make Chocolate Chip Bisquick Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Add bisquick (or pancake mix) sugar, egg, milk and butter to a bowl.
- Stir until there are no longer any clumps.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Separate into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 mintues.
Pancake Muffins Bisquick Tips
The muffins really are so easy to make, there isn’t any specific order or way the batter needs to be mixed together. Stir all of the ingredients together by hand, use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer.
Definitely use liners in your muffin pan. Failing to use liners can leave you with a crispy outside, which isn’t what we want!
Hold off of placing extra chocolate chips on top of your muffins until after they bake. The muffins are baked at 400° and those exposed chocolate chips will get a little charred. Instead, as soon as they come out of the oven, place extra chips on top. The heat will melt the chocolate chips just enough to help them stick to the top and make things look pretty.
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Variations
If you want to mix things up a bit, just switch out the chocolate chips for blueberries, peanut butter chips or even espresso chips. You can even add a bit of cocoa powder to give them a slight chocolate taste!
How to store Bisquick Pancake Muffins
Can I Freeze Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Absolutely! Chocolate chip muffins do great in the freezer and can last up to 3 months if you keep them in an airtight container. To eat simply place them on the counter to thaw to room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe FAQs
When the muffins have completely cooked all of the way through a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean, with maybe a few crumbs or melted chocolate on it. If you notice any wet dough-like stuff on the toothpick- it needs a few more minutes (no more than a minute or two at a time) before rechecking.
You can also tell its finished cooking because if you press on the tops of the muffins with your finger, they should have a solid bounce to them and not feel soft enough to sink in.
The muffin batter will be quite a bit thicker than pancake batter.
I like to bake my muffins at 400°. If you like your muffins to have a large dome on top, I suggest baking at 425° for 5 minutes and then reducing to 350° to finish baking.
Recipes using Pancake Mix
Chocolate Chip Bisquick Pancake Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Take the large bowl and measure out and dump the pancake mix, sugar, egg, milk and butter into the bowl.
- Stir with the large spoon (or electric mixer) until there is no longer any dry pancake mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small spoon separate the batter into 12 lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes.