Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are made using pancake mix! With only a handful of ingredients, these Poppyseed Muffins will be done in no time.
Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Ready for an awesome easy muffin recipe? I bet you are! Check out these delicious lemon poppyseed muffins (made with pancake mix!) That’s right, you can do so much more than pancakes and waffles with that storebought mix and these muffins are just one option.
Pancake mix muffins are awesome because it saves you work and energy. With less stuff to measure, pull out of the cupboards, or clean up after you can have a no hassle snack or breakfast. Don’t they sound great already?
You’re going to love this easy lemon poppy seed muffin recipe. It’s so simple and easy that a kid can do it. Not only that, but the results are some incredible flavorful muffins that look, smell, and taste amazing. With fresh lemons and poppy seeds in every bite these muffins are irresistible.
What’s in Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins?
- Pancake mix- Make sure to use a ‘just add water!’ pancake mix, like Krusteaz. I usually use Sam’s Club’s brand.
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon juice- Fresh is best!
- Butter- We will need this butter melted! Alternatively, you can use canola oil, but the butter yields a more moist muffin.
- Lemon zest- I usually juice my lemon and then zest it, so only 1 lemon is used!
- Poppy seeds
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Making these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are seriously so simple, my 7 year old makes them! The hardest part is measuring, and that isn’t very hard now, is it?
Measure the ingredients out and mix it all together! This can be done by hand, with an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer- take your pick! Once the batter is combined, separate out into muffin liners and bake for 12-15 minutes at 400°.
Can I Freeze Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins?
Yes! If you want to freeze these muffins for later make sure that they have cooled down completely and are no longer warm. Place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. To eat, simply place them on the counter for an hour to thaw to room temperature.
Can I Use Lemon Juice From a Bottle?
You can if you are in a bind, but in order to add the lemon zest, you’ll need a fresh lemon anyway!
If you loved what you saw here, get more of it on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
Recipes using Pancake Mix
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400°F degrees.
- Take the large bowl and then measure out and dump the pancake mix, sugar, egg, lemon juice, milk, butter and lemon zest into the bowl.
- Mix everything together until there are no more dry pancake mix spots.
- Fold in the poppy seeds by making circle motions with the spoon until they look like they’ve been mixed in well.
- Using a small spoon separate the batter into 12 paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 400°F degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Leave a Reply