Chicken Salad is a creamy sandwich filling made of shredded chicken, celery, green onion, grapes, nuts and a seasoned dressing.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
When the weather starts to warm up a little bit my mind automatically jumps to all the quick and easy meals. Something about summer makes me want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, and all the things that I can make without turning on my oven!
You guys, this chicken salad is SO GOOD! It is the perfect balance of savory chicken, creamy mayonnaise, sweet grapes and the amazing crunch of celery and almonds. Served on a fresh croissant, crackers or even straight out of the bowl; it doesn’t get much better than this!
Ingredients In Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Grapes
- Shredded or Cubed Chicken-I always have cooked shredded chicken ready to go! I make a big batch of Instant Pot Chicken and freeze it in batches to pull out whenever I need it. But you can use any leftover chicken or even a rotisserie chicken.
- Green Onion
- Chopped Celery- There is just something about celery in chicken salad that adds the perfect crunch.
- Diced Grapes- This is a slightly controversial ingredient. There are people who believe that fruit has no place in chicken salad. If you are one of those people you could leave it out, but I absolutely LOVE the pop of sweetness that this ingredient gives.
- Chopped Almonds- I have also used pecans or cashews instead of almonds, they are equally delicious. Use what you want.
- Mayo- I am a traditionalist when it comes to chicken salad, so I love mayo. But you could switch it out for Greek Yogurt as a healthy substitute. It will change the flavor profile slightly however.
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Chicken Salad
In a large bowl combine the chicken, onion, celery, grapes and almonds. Add the mayo, salt and garlic and stir to combine.
Voila! That is IT! Super simple, super quick, but incredibly tasty! Serve on croissants or cracker for a new family favorite!
How to Store Leftover Chicken Salad
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Speaking of storing the chicken salad, because it has perishable ingredients, it needs to stay in the fridge unless you are actively serving and eating it.
Try These Other Simple Summer Recipes
Best Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken
- 1 cup diced grapes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt season to preference
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, green onion, celery, grapes and chopped almonds.
- Add the mayo and seasonings, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve in croissants or eat with crackers.