This avocado chicken salad is a deliciously easy twist on a traditional chicken salad recipe. You’ve got creamy avocado, crisp sweet corn, with a hint of cilantro and lime- this just might be the perfect combination!
Chicken Avocado Salad
If you’re looking for a fresh and flavorful meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized, then look no further- Introducing the newest recipe in my Rotisserie Chicken Series, Chicken Avocado Salad.
This quick and easy meal is the perfect combination of protein-packed chicken, creamy avocado, and crisp corn, all tossed together with some onion, lime and cilantro that will make your taste buds dance with joy. Whether you’re looking for a healthy lunch or a light dinner, this sandwich is sure to hit the spot.
But wait, it gets better! Not only is our Chicken Avocado Salad delicious and nutritious, but it’s also super easy to make. Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl, and serve on croissants, crackers, or even just traditional bread, and voila – a tasty and satisfying meal that you can enjoy in no time.
So go ahead, let’s make Chicken Avocado Salad- your taste buds (and your body) will thank you!
What’s in Avocado Chicken Salad?
- Diced Avocado – To dice an avocado, I prefer to cut it in half, remove the pit, and then slice across the avocado both horizontally and vertically without cutting through the skin. Then take a spoon to scoop it out.
- Diced Chicken – I prefer to use rotisserie chicken because it saves me so much time, without costing any more than uncooked chicken. I highly recommend purchasing rotisserie chickens from Costco to cut up and freeze. It makes meals like this even faster with less prep work! And did I mention how cheap it is?
- Minced Red Onion – if you’re really against fresh onion you may omit it, but the slight crunch and tangy flavor really adds to this salad.
- Garlic Powder
- Minced Cilantro – I prefer to use fresh cilantro.
- Corn – this adds just a hint of sweetness and is really my favorite part. I don’t love canned corn, so I use frozen corn, I just let it thaw while I’m tossing everything together.
- Lime juice – not only does the lime add a little zest, but it also keeps the avocado from browning so fast.
- Jalapeno – (Optional) if you like a little spice, add a seeded and minced jalapeno to your salad.
How to make avocado chicken salad
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. After mixing well, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Scoop onto desired bread and serve!
This is best served immediately, as the avocados may brown quickly! To avoid browning, you might add your avocado pit to the salad. You may also cover it with saran wrap, but be sure to press it all the way down until it is touching the top of the avocado chicken salad. This will help eliminate the amount of air that comes in contact with the salad causing it to brown.
How do I make the chicken for a chicken avocado sandwich?
I prefer to use rotisserie chicken because of its convenience and quickness, but you may prepare your chicken any way you would like. Instant pot, grill, boil, crockpot- really any way you desire to cook chicken would work great!
What are some good bread options for chicken avocado salad?
Any of your favorite bread would be delicious with this chicken avocado salad. But, the buttery, flaky, pillowy goodness of a croissant will forever and always be my go-to bread for this recipe. Some other options I have tried and like are, pita bread, crackers, Grandma Sycamore’s bread, or if you’re feeling fancy homemade bread is also amazing!
Can I make a chicken avocado sandwich ahead of time?
Due to avocados browning so quickly, I would highly suggest not making this salad in advance! If you are really in a hurry, I would suggest prepping everything but the avocado and combine it. Then when you are ready to serve it, quickly add the diced avocado!
How do I store a chicken avocado sandwich?
More than likely, when storing your chicken avocado salad, it will brown. Although this does not mean that it is bad! To avoid as much browning as possible, toss the avocado pits into the salad and seal tightly with saran wrap. Avocado chicken salad will keep in the fridge for a day or so.
Can I use canned chicken?
Canned chicken is another great, quick option for this recipe!
What are some good side dishes to serve with chicken avocado sandwiches?
Keep it simple and quick by serving it with chips or a salad. Or fancy it up a little with some fruit salad with cream cheese. This avocado chicken salad is packed with ingredients and flavor, sides are definitely optional!
If you loved what you saw here, get more of it on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
Recipes similar to Avocado Chicken Salad that you will love!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1/4 small red onion minced
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve on croissants.
- Best eaten immediately, because the avocados will brown.