This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Caprese Flatbread is one of my go-to lunches. It’s so good, I make it at least once a week! You can either make it for yourself and eat it over a few days, or serve it as a meal for the whole family.
Chicken Caprese Flatbread Recipe
I usually buy a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s Club or Costco because it’s so cheap and I love that it’s already cooked. If I’m not using the chicken for a meal right away, I usually throw it in the freezer and then pull it out for something like this. Yep, I make this with frozen chicken (and frozen naan too) and it still only takes 5 minutes to bake. Have I convinced you yet?!
Ingredients for Caprese Flatbread
- Diced Cucumber– you can peel the skin off of your cucumber if you’d like before dicing the cucumber.
- Diced Tomato
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Basil
- Mini Naan Flatbread – I usually buy a big package of this at Costco. If you aren’t using the whole package right away, you can store it in the freezer. If preferred, you can make homemade Naan Bread.
- Diced Rotisserie Chicken – You can use any chicken, but a rotisserie chicken makes this meal so quick!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Balsamic Glaze– I purchase this at Walmart. This is different than Balsamic vinaigrette, this is a thick, dark glaze that has a sweet undertone.
How to Make Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- In a small bowl, combine your chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and fresh basil.
- Mix the ingredients together to coat everything, then set aside.
- Prepare one flatbread at a time.
- Arrange diced chicken on the naan flatbread, then sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in your air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese has melted. You can also bake in the oven, but I love how quick the air fryer is, if you have one.
- Place your heated flatbread on a plate, then spoon a generous amount of the caprese mixture on top of the melted cheese.
- Drizzle your flatbread with balsamic glaze (as much as you like)!
How many flatbreads will this recipe make?
These ingredients will make about 8 flatbreads. If you don’t have enough people to eat it all at once, the cucumber caprese mixture will store great in the fridge for about 3 days. Then it makes the quickest lunch!
Recipes Similar to Chicken Caprese Flatbread
Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 -2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 8 mini naan flatbread
- 3 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- balsamic glaze
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper and fresh basil. Toss to coat everything, set aside. This will make enough to make 8 flatbreads- this will store well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prepare one flatbread at a time. Arrange diced chicken on the naan flat bread and then sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Either bake in your oven or air fryer at 350° for 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese has melted. Remove and place on your plate
- Spoon a generous amount of the cucumber caprese mixture on top of the flat bread and then drizzle with balsamic glaze.