A spin on the classic BBQ Chicken, this sandwich is zippy and is sure to please the family for any occasion.
Growing up, food magazines were always a favorite. I would quickly snag my mom’s copy of Taste of Home as soon as it came in the mail and I would look (and drool) and read over and over and over again! In one particular issue, I saw a picture of the most drool worthy BBQ chicken sandwich I’d ever seen: shredded BBQ chicken on a toasted bun with shredded lettuce, melted cheese and dripping with ranch dressing. I took one look at the picture, took the magazine to my mom and told her we HAD to try to make something similar. Since the day my pre-pubescent self laid eyes on that glorious sandwich, I have made BBQ chicken countless times. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I’ve kinda nailed it.The crunch of the garlic-y bun against the sweet & tangy BBQ chicken with melty cheese and touch of ranch dressing always has my taste buds singing. With the help of my good friend, Instant Pot, this meal is done in no time!
Instant Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast 1 inch thick
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup favorite bbq sauce I love Baby Rays
- small hoagie rolls
- garlic powder
- Ranch dressing
- favorite cheese
- lettuce tomato, yellow peppers
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot liner. Place the 1 inch thick chicken breast in the broth. (If it is thicker than 1 inch, put it in a zip top bag and use your rolling pin to make it one inch thick.) Place all other ingredients on top of the chicken breast.
- Cook on manual HIGH for 5 minutes. NPR for 5 minutes and then QR. Open the lid and then let it rest for 5 more minutes. Shred the chicken. (My favorite way is in my stand mixer! Try it!)
- Spread the butter onto the buns, sprinkle with garlic powder and then broil until golden brown. Spread ranch dressing onto both sides of the bun and then top with veggies, the BBQ chicken and cheese.
- Use the leftover BBQ chicken for more sandwiches, on salads, or on a pizza.