Dipping large pretzels into white chocolate and sprinkling them with crushed peppermint is the fastest and easiest Christmas Treat you can make.
If you are looking for a fast, easy, no bake option when it comes to a Christmas treat.. you’re in the right place.
Honestly, it can’t be any easier or delicious. There is just something about the sweetness of the white chocolate paired with the salty pretzels with that kick from the peppermint that just screams Christmas, snow and cozy fireplace vibes.
And we are here for it!
Ingredients for Peppermint Pretzel Crisps
- Pretzels– I use Pretzel Crisps, because I love their shape and crunchy texture. These would work well with regular pretzels or even pretzel rods, though!
- White Chocolate– You’ll want to use high quality white chocolate for this. I suggest using a bar of baking white chocolate that can be found down the baking isle. I always use Ghirardelli White Chocolate Bar. In order to made 20 large pretzel crisps, you’ll need two bars of white chocolate.
- Peppermints– first, we will want your peppermint crushed. You can use whatever peppermint candy you have on hand- peppermint candy canes will even work! Just put whatever candy you have in a baggie and then take a hammer to it to easily crush it.
How to Make Peppermint Pretzels with White Chocolate
- First, line your baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Arrange your pretzels onto the cookie sheet in one layer, allowing for some wiggle room.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave. See below for specific instructions on how to do this.
- Using either a fork or a chocolate dipping tool, dip each pretzel into the white chocolate, flipping once to coat the entire pretzel.
- Immediately sprinkle with the crushed peppermints.
- Allow the chocolate to set up at room temperature and enjoy!
How to melt white chocolate in the microwave
It is very important to not overheat your white chocolate when you are melting it. If it gets overheated, the chocolate won’t ever fully set up and will constantly be melting in your hand.
When melting your white chocolate, it is important to heat on 50% power. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time on 50% power, stirring afterwards. Repeat this until the white chocolate is almost completely melted and then stir until the remaining pieces have melted.
How to easily dip pretzel crisps into chocolate
After your chocolate is melted, place it into a a mug that your pretzel crisps will fit into. This will make your chocolate deeper, which makes it easier to dip your pretzels.
Using a chocolate dipping tool also helps a lot, because the tongs are bent at an angle you can easily scoop and flip the pretzel.
How to store white chocolate peppermint pretzels
You’ll store the pretzels at room temperature. They will stay fresh at room temperature for about a week.
More Christmas Recipes
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 2 4oz bars (200g) white chocolate
- 20 pretzel crisps
- 10 peppermint candies crushed
- Line a cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone liner. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break your white chocolate into small, equal sized pieces .
- Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat this until the chocolate is almost completely melted.
- At this point, stir the chocolate until the remaining pieces melt.
- Take one pretzel at a time and dip it into the chocolate, flipping the pretzel one time with a fork to completely coat the pretzel in chocolate.
- Wipe the excess chocolate on the side of your bowl and then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature until completely dry.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.