Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are made with Hawaiian Rolls and loaded with shredded beef, onions and peppers, cheese and a delicious zesty sauce. This is the perfect meal, appetizer or potluck food.
Philly cheesesteak sliders are one of those warm lunch or appetizer ideas that everyone can enjoy. Just like a traditional Philly cheesesteak, but in a soft dinner roll. With tender shredded beef and provolone cheese, you get that great taste you’d expect but in a unique way.
With Philly cheesesteak sliders, you get a dozen sandwiches made in just a few minutes. Perfect for feeding a crowd (or family)! So throw them on a plate and watch them disappear at lunch or during a football game/ tailgate party.
There really is no “bad time” to serve up these tasty cheesesteak sliders to your loved ones. Add a scrambled egg inside and call it a breakfast food. Ha, that was kind of a joke, but now it sounds really delicious, so let me know if you try it!
What’s in Philly Cheesesteak Sliders?
- Dinner Rolls- I usually use my local grocery store’s version of a Hawaiian roll. They work like a charm!
- Shredded Cooked Beef- I always make these sandwiches as leftovers after I have made French Dip sandwiches prior. I use the leftover shredded beef- if you are needed a good shredded beef recipe here is my Instant Pot French dip recipe and my crockpot French Dip Recipe
- Onion- Yellow onion, diced. We will actually sauté the onion along with the bell pepper prior to starting the recipe.
- Bell Pepper- Either diced or sliced, this is up to you and your preference! Again, we will sauté them before the recipe.
- Provolone Cheese- Provolone cheese is the cheese that is classically used with Philly cheesesteaks but you could totally get away with Swiss, a mild cheddar.. whatever is your fav!
- Ranch Seasoning- We are just looking for the dry mix here! We are going to flavor our mayo spread with the ranch seasoning.. you will be amazed at how flavorful it is!
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
We are going for simple, easy and bulk with these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders. If you are wanting the classic recipe, you have to try my ta-die-for Philly Cheesesteaks.
Honestly, the hardest part about making these sliders is dicing the veggie and sautéing them a bit. Do that while your oven is preheating. Once your veggies are tender, it is time to start building the sliders.
Cut your rolls in half, we will spread a generous amount of our zesty spread onto the bottom of the roll. The zesty spread consists of mayo, butter and ranch dressing mix. Next, layer on your shredded beef! The shredded beef can be warm or cold, it will work well either way.
Next the onions and peppers are added before topping the entire sandwich off with provolone cheese. Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwich and then spread any remaining zesty spread on top of the rolls.
Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes until they are heated through & the cheese has melted. Once they come out of the oven, brush melted butter on top of the rolls and serve immediately. *cue the drooling*
What kind of meat is used for Philly cheesesteak?
Traditionally Philly cheesesteaks are made using ribeye steak, but you can use any thinly sliced cuts of beef. Some people even use ground beef because it’s what they have on hand! Like I said earlier, I usually use leftover shredded beef for this recipe.
What goes good with Philly cheesesteak?
Philly cheesesteak sliders would be great paired with potato chips, or picnic favorites like potato salad or mac salad. Even french fries or onion rings would be great, it just depends on how you plan on serving them.
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- 12 rolls
- 2-3 cups shredded beef cooked
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While the oven is preheating, saute the onions and bell peppers in a skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp of butter until tender and translucent.
- Cut the rolls in half.
- Stir 1/4 cup butter, mayo and ranch seasoning until smooth.
- Spread the mayo mixture on the bottom of the rolls. Reserve a little bit of the mixture for the tops of the buns.
- Place the shredded beef evenly across the rolls. Add the onion and bell pepper and then top with slices of provolone cheese on top. Place the top of the rolls onto the cheese.
- Spread the remaining mayo mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Melt the reamining butter. Immediately upon taking the sliders out of the oven, brush some butter onto each roll.
- Serve Immediately!