If you are a fan of Oreos and Peanut Butter, these cookies are for you! A black cocoa base cookie filled with peanut butter chips and large Oreo chunks finished off with a creamy white chocolate drizzle.
The Ultimate Parent Trap Cookie
So, why is this called The Parent Trap Cookie? Well, if you remember the Lindsay Lohan version of The Parent Trap, there is the iconic scene where the twins both realize they eat Oreos with Peanut Butter..? These cookies were inspired by that scene! It is a black cocoa, oreo base cookie filled with peanut butter chips and Oreo chunks.
AKA, everything you get from dipping Oreos straight into a jar of peanut butter, only in cookie form. (ps. anyone else fall in love with Oreos and peanut butter from The Parent Trap? It’s the only way I eat them!)
So, let me teach you how to make these cookies yourself!
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies
- Butter– I use salted butter- make sure it is softened!
- Sugar– Granulated sugar, we won’t use too much of it! We will use more brown sugar than granulated sugar.
- Brown Sugar– This is where the chewiness of the cookie comes from, brown sugar!
- Flour– Just all purpose flour, nothing fancy!
- Black Cocoa– This is a MUST if you want the cookies to taste like Oreos!! I purchase my black cocoa off of amazon.
- Peanut Butter Chips– These can generally be found by the chocolate chips in most grocery stores. I usually buy the Reese’s brand.
- Double Stuffed Oreos-I like to use double stuffed just so we get the creaminess coming through in the cookies! If you just have regular, those will work fine, too.
How to Make Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies
These cookies really are so easy to make- even if you are a beginner baker, you’ve got this!!
First thing we will want to do is preheat our oven to 350°. Next, in a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, cream together your butter and sugars for 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes is up, the mixture should be light and fluffy, not super grainy anymore.
Scrape the sides of the bowl and then add in the egg and vanilla, mix until just combined.
Next, measure out the dry ingredients into the bowl, without the mixer being turned on. Leave the mixer off and in a separate bowl measure out the peanut butter chips and Oreo chunks. Set aside.
Once you have all of your ingredients measured out, you can now turn on the mixer. Mix until the flour is about half way incorporated. Once the flour is about half way incorporated, add the peanut butter chips and Oreo chunks to the mixer while it is still on. Continue to mix until the dry ingredients are combined. Do not over mix!
The mixer will seem dry and crumbly. Portion the dough out into 1/3 cup portions, lightly packing the dough together. The cookies won’t spread and flatten a lot while baking, so make sure your cookie dough is flattened slightly, looking like a hockey puck.
Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. The cookies should expand slightly and no longer look wet on top when you take them out of the oven. Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, use the back of a spoon and press the edges of the cookie towards the center, making the perfect circle cookie, if desired.
Allow the cookie to cool on the pan for 20 minutes.
Once the cookies are cool, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave by placing them in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds at a time, stirring at each 30 second mark until the the chocolate is smooth. Transfer the melted white chocolate into a a small zip top bag. Snip the corner and drizzle on top of each cookie. Serve warm.
How to Store Cookies
Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can freeze these cookies easily for up to 3 months, though!
Can I make the cookies smaller?
Yes! You’ll want to bake them at 350° still, but you’ll want to bake them for a few minutes less, probably around 9 minutes.
More Oreo Recipes
- Chocolate Oreo Cookie
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookie
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- Cookies and Cream Frosting
Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies (Parent Trap Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and add the egg and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Stop the mixer and measure out the dry ingredients into the bowl. (The flour, black cocoa, soda and salt.)
- In a separate bowl, measure out the peanut butter chips and chopped Oreos.
- Start the mixer slowly, when the dry ingredients are about halfway incorporated, add in the Reese's chips and Oreo chunks.
- Mix until *just* combined. Do not over mix. The mixture will be pretty dry.
- Portion the dough out into 1/3 cup portions. Lightly pack the dough together, forming the dough into a flattened ball, similar to a hockey puck.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will expand slightly and should no longer look wet and glossy in the middle when they come out of the oven.
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for 20 minutes.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the white chips for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat microwaving and stirring until the white chocolate chips are melted smooth.
- Transfer the melted chocolate chips into a small zip top bag. Snip the corner and drizzle on top of the cookies.
- Serve warm.