This 3 ingredient mug cake recipe will give you a super moist and delicious chocolate cake for one in 60 seconds flat! Try this recipe out now and your sweet tooth with thank you!
3 Ingredient Mug Cake
Tell me I am not the only one who gets a late night craving for something sweet. This recipe could not be easier! With just 3 ingredients you are 1 minute away from a super chocolatey, super moist single serving cake! Try it now and thank me later! This is so easy it feels like a magic trick.
I use this recipe all the time because it can be doubled or halved easily making it so you can make the perfect size cake for any appetite. You’ll just need to adjust the time in the microwave, I’ll detail that out for you below.
Oreo Mug Cake Ingredients
- Oreos- This recipe calls for original Oreos, but you could use any flavor Oreo, including Golden Oreos if you prefer vanilla cake.
- Milk– I’ve tested this with anything from skim to whole milk, all work well!
- Baking Powder– This gives your cake a nice lift and makes it ultra fluffy.
How to Make Oreo Mug Cake
When I tell you that this recipe couldn’t be easier, I mean it!
- Start by tossing 4 Oreos into a mug.
- Pour the milk over the Oreos and let the milk soak in.
- Use a fork and smash the Oreos while stirring it into the milk. Keep stirring until the Oreos are smooth and have reached a cake batter consistency.
- Sprinkle in the baking powder and stir again.
- Pop the mug in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds.
- Be careful removing from the microwave. It will be HOT!
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream or eat plain, but either way, ENJOY!
Oreo Mug Cake Recipe Variations
- Use Chips Ahoy instead of Oreos
- Try Golden Oreos or any other Oreo flavor
- Add Peanut Butter, Mint or chocolate chips to the batter
- Top with marshmallow fluff for the last 5 seconds of cook time
- Try adding different types of candy to the batter
How to make a smaller Oreo Microwave Cake
You’ll use 2 oreos, 1 tbsp of milk and 1/8 tsp baking powder. Microwave for just 30 seconds!
How to make a larger Oreo Cake in a Mug
You’ll use 6 ores, 3 tbsp of milk and a heaping 1/4 tsp of baking powder. Microwave for a full minute!
Oreo Mug Cake Storage
The best part about these Oreo Mug cakes are the fact that you won’t have any leftover to even store. Just wanting a little something something? You can certainly half the recipe to make just a few bites of mug cake.
Oreo Mug Cake Recipe FAQ
You’ll use your microwave to make the Oreo Mug Cake- It is super easy and extra fast! No need for your oven or anything else.
If you follow this recipe using 4 oreos, each mug cake contains 242 calories.
To be extra sure, check the brand of your mug and then you can check the manufacturer’s website but as long as it isn’t a plastic mug, you should be fine.
4 mini oreos equal one regular oreo. So if all you have on hand are the mini oreos, you’ll need to use 16 small oreos to make this recipe.
Some recipes probably require it, but the mug cake recipes that I share do not include egg.
If you find your mug cake is rubbery, you either microwaved it for too long or accidentally added too much baking powder.
More recipes you’ll love
3 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
- 4 oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Place the Oreos in a mug or microwave safe bowl.
- Pour the milk over the Oreos.
- Use a fork to crush and smash the Oreos into the milk, mixing until the milk has soaked into the Oreos and you have a smooth, cake batter like mixture.
- Stir in the baking powder.
- Microwave for 45 seconds.
- It will be HOT, use caution.
- Top with ice cream, whipped cream or eat plain.
Omg this is so good and simple!