Oreo Balls are a truffle-like treat made with Oreos, white chocolate, and cream cheese. These are personally one of my favorite treats and are sure to be a crowd pleaser all year round!
These Oreo Balls with Cream Cheese are a fantasy!
Just by looking at the photo above, you can tell how delicious these Oreo truffle balls are! The best part is these truffles look super professional, but only take 3 ingredients! So get your mixing bowls ready, turn on some Mariah Carey, and let’s bake!
What you’ll need for Oreo Cookie Balls
- Oreos – Although I do love double stuffed Oreos, just use regular Oreos for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese should be room temperature, so I’d suggest getting it out of the fridge a little before you start baking. Feel free to use light cream cheese if you prefer!
- White Chocolate Chips – I personally love using white chocolate for this recipe, but feel free to try out milk or dark chocolate chips instead if you’d rather!
How to make Oreo Balls
- Begin by crushing the Oreos into a fine powder. The easiest way to do this is by using a food processor or blender. Be sure to leave the filling in the Oreos when you crush them; after all, the filling is the best part of Oreos!
- Next, combine the Oreo powder with the room temperature cream cheese. Use either an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer and mix until fully combined. Pro tip: this mixture should be quite sticky. If your mixture seems too dry, check out the FAQs at the bottom of this recipe.
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons (either will work) to portion out the mixture into about 1/2 tbsp portions and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Then, place the entire pan in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. This will make the mixture easier to work with when rolling into balls.
- Once the mixture is chilled, remove the pan from the fridge. Begin to roll each portion into a smooth ball and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Once you’re finished, return the cookie sheet with the Oreo balls back to the fridge while you complete the next few steps.
- Take the white chocolate chips and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the white chocolate chips at 50% power for 30 seconds, then stir. Note that it’s important to microwave the chocolate at only 50% power so it doesn’t cook too quickly and burn.
- Continue to repeat this step until the white chocolate chips are mostly melted, then you should be able to stir the chocolate to melt the last few chips.
- Now you’re ready to remove the cookie sheet from the fridge. Dip each Oreo ball into the melted chocolate, then place back on the lined cookie sheet. You can also drizzle some white chocolate over the Oreo truffles as well!
- For a little extra flair, feel free to sprinkle some more Oreo crumbs on top of the truffles.
- Now just let the chocolate set up fully, then you’re ready to serve them (or hide them all for yourself, I won’t judge)!
Oreo Truffle Balls storage
Because of the cream cheese, be sure to store your Oreo balls in the fridge. They will save in the fridge for about 1 week.
Should Oreo balls be refrigerated?
Yes, because of the cream cheese, which is a perishable ingredient, they should be stored in the refrigerator.
How long can Oreo Truffle Balls be outside of the fridge?
They are safe to stay out of the fridge for about 3 hours, but then you’ll want to chill them again as soon as possible.
How long do Oreo balls keep for?
If stored in an airtight container in the fridge, they will keep for one week.
Oreo Balls Recipe FAQs
If the balls are falling apart, this likely means that you used too many Oreos or too little cream cheese. Feel free to add a bit more cream cheese to the mixture so that it is quite sticky before chilling.
This isn’t entirely clear, but we know it was sometime in the early 2000’s in the United States. They quickly became popular and today they can be found in many bakeries and cafes around the world.
I would not suggest this, because of the cream cheese. If you accidentally leave them out overnight, it is best to toss them.
Recipes similar to Oreo Cream Cheese Balls
Oreo Cream Cheese Balls
- 36 Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a blender or food processor, crush the Oreos into a fine powder.
- Combine the oreos with the cream cheese using either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to portion out the oreo mixture into small portions, about 1/2 tbsp for each, dropping the mixture on a parchment paper or silicone lined cookie sheet.
- Place the entire pan into the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- After the oreo mixture has chilled, remove from the fridge and roll into a smooth ball. Repeat with the remaining Oreo balls.
- Return to the fridge while you melt the white chocolate.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips at 50% power for 30 seconds and then stir.
- Repeat the previous step until the the chocolate is almost completely melted, and then stir until the remaining chocolate chips melt.
- Remove the Oreo Balls from the fridge and dip each oreo ball into the melted chocolate and then return them to the prepared pan. Alternatively, drizzle the chocolate over the top of the oreo balls.
- Allow the chocolate to set and then serve.
- Store the oreo balls in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Crowd hit for sure!! They were so good!