Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are thick, chewy and packed with flavor. Simple, everyday ingredients are used to create this large cookie for chocolate and peanut butter lovers alike.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations. Ever. So a chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips was a natural direction for my life to go. 😉
Really though, if you are also a chocolate and peanut butter fanatic definitely check out my Peanut Butter Bars, Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and my No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Seriously drooling over here just writing about these.
What’s In Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies?
- Butter- I use salted butter, which is what I always have on hand. If you are planning on using unsalted butter, add an extra pinch of salt to the recipe.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- Pack that brown sugar when measuring! The brown sugar helps make the cookies super chewy.
- Vanilla- Trust me on the vanilla! The recipe calls for a lot of vanilla, use every last drop. The vanilla enhances the chocolate flavor so well!
- Flour- All-purpose flour is what we will use, nothing fancy here!
- Cocoa- Use your favorite brand of unsweetened cocoa powder. I generally just grab the store name.
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter Chips- I love these little guys, I always have peanut butter chips on hand! You can find them down the baking isle next to all of the chocolate chips.
Tips for Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Use a cookie scoop to separate the cookie dough into balls that way the cookies will always be the same size. I use a #50 scoop that I purchased on amazon. For large cookies I use two scoops of dough and roll them together.
- After scooping and rolling the dough, add a few peanut butter chips on top of the cookies for decoration.
- Bake the cookies until they are no longer glossy on top and then let them cool on the pan. This will insure a soft and chewy cookie.
Can I freeze chocolate peanut butter chip cookies?
Yes! If you can’t finish off the cookies before they go stale or you simply want to extend the shelflife then you can freeze them for up to 6 months. I recommend flash freezing them on a baking sheet for about an hour before placing them in a Zipper topped bag or airtight container because it helps them to not stick to each other or break as easily.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
More Cookies to Check Out!
- My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Twix Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cups butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined. The dough will be soft.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop or roll the cookie dough out into equal sized balls using about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough. Arrange on a cookie sheet. Add extra chocolate chips to the top if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and no longer glossy on top.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan.