Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe is a simple, made from scratch recipe that yields super soft, moist Chocolate Chip Muffins! These muffins are easy enough for a beginner to master!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffins are just one of those breakfast items I just can’t say no too. I mean, any excuse to basically eat dessert for breakfast I am all over it (obviously. I have quite the sweet tooth!).
Let me tell you, out of all the muffins I’ve had (I’m looking at you, giant muffins from Coscto!) these chocolate chip muffins are my favorite. By far.
I went to a *retreat with some blogger friends and made these muffins (and my blueberry version!) for breakfast one morning.. everyone agreed, they are GOOD!!
*And by retreat I mean that we worked, and worked, and worked some more! I only got 9 hours of sleep total over the 3 nights we were there. I came home so exhausted but made some serious headway with new recipes!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
How to make Chocolate Chip Muffins
First thing- preheat that oven to 350°. Line your muffin tin with paper liners. This recipe will make either 24 muffins
Next, add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla into either a medium sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream the contents until smooth.
Add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl. The dry ingredients include flour, baking powder and salt.
Slowly start to combine the dry and wet ingredients. As the dry ingredients are being mixed in, slowly add milk to the batter.
Once all of the ingredients are incorporated, turn the speed up and whip the batter until extremely smooth and creamy.
Divide the batter up amongst the muffin tins. The batter will rise slightly while baking, so fill the cups until they are about 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
Best news ever.. These babies get better with time! I like them even better on day two! For real!
Can I freeze the Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Yes, these freeze great. Freeze in a large zip top bag. When you are ready to thaw the muffins, just microwave for 30 seconds. Easy as that!
How to store your Chocolate Chip Muffins
Store in an airtight container, keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Recipes to love on:
- Blueberry Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Instant Pot Breakfast Burritos
- Blonde Brownies Recipe
- No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using either an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Slowly start to incorporate the dry ingredients.As the dry ingredients are being mixed into the butter mixture, slowly pour the milk into the batter.
- Once all of the ingredients are incorporated, turn the speed up and whip the batter until extremely smooth.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins.
- Bake at 350°. For the muffins, bake for 20-25 minutes, it should pass the toothpick test before taking out of the oven.