This Banana Bread Recipe is simple, easy, ultra moist and honestly the best Banana Bread Recipe out there. 8 basic ingredients is all you need.
Best Banana Bread
I am going to level with you, I am normally not a Banana Bread fan. Like, at all. This Banana bread though, I’m all over it! It truly is the BEST Banana Bread. It’s sweet, moist and has the perfect crumb, ever.
I love how Banana Bread can be considered breakfast, a snack or dessert. That is one versatile recipe, if I do say so myself! 😉
Some bakers search the world looking for the best banana bread recipe in the world and seek out a perfectly moist, soft and flavorful banana bread. Luckily for you, the search is over!
This banana bread puts a little twist on the classic banana bread recipe by using brown sugar and no oil! Most banana bread recipes call for white sugar and either butter or olive oil. The brown sugar and butter in this recipe help to give the banana bread that golden color as well as a richer flavor and moist texture that has you going back for more.
Ps. If you are a chocolate lover, make sure to check out my Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe!
What’s In Banana Bread?
- Melted Butter: I use salted butter, if you only have unsalted on hand, add an extra pinch of salt to the recipe!
- Brown Sugar: we use brown sugar in this recipe to keep the bread ultra moist. If you’d like to try a bread without sugar, try this Sugar-Free Banana Bread recipe!
- Vanilla Extract: This recipe calls for a lot of vanilla.. use it!! It enhances that banana flavor like you wouldn’t believe!
- Eggs: We will just need two. 🙂 If for some reason you can not have eggs, check out this recipe for Eggless Banana Bread.
- Mashed Banana: We are looking for a total of 2 cups of mashed bananas, depending on the size of your bananas, this is about 4-6 bananas.
- Flour: All purpose is all you’ll need. Nothing fancy here.
- Baking Soda
How to Make Banana Bread
This Banana bread recipe could not be any easier! You can make this using a stand mixer, electric hand mixer or even just a whisk!
The first thing that you’ll need to do is mash those bananas. Use over ripe bananas, they are much easier to mash and they yield a much sweeter and flavorful bread.
Then we will mix everything together, the melted butter and brown sugar. Then the eggs, vanilla and bananas. Lastly, the flour, soda and salt are added.
Once the batter is ready, pour into a 9 inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. If you want to make muffins or smaller loaves, fill the pan up 2/3 of the way full.
Lastly, bake the Banana Bread until it passes the toothpick test! For the 9 inch loaf pan, that will be about 50-60 minutes. When I made mini loaves, they baked for 25 minutes.
Adding Mix-ins to your Banana Bread
There are many things people like to add into their banana bread prior to baking. If you are interested in adding anything extra into your banana bread, just fold it into the batter right before pouring the batter into the pan.
Popular Banana Bread Mix in’s include:
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Dried Fruits
Should banana bread be refrigerated?
Banana bread can be stored at room temperature or inside of the fridge depending on your preferences. While you can get a few added days out of the shelf life of your banana bread by placing it in the fridge, it will be just fine on the counter. Just make sure that when you aren’t cutting/eating the bread, that it remains well wrapped and covered so that it doesn’t dry out.
Do bananas have to be ripe for banana bread?
Yes and no. The riper a banana is, the easier it is to mash and the more naturally sweet it is. You can speed up the process of a non-ripe banana by baking it in the oven for a few minutes, or use can use a nonripe banana and add in more sugar and sweetness to the recipe. Using a nonripe banana will also give you a less strong banana flavor.
Love Breads? ME TOO!! Find my favorites below:
- Blueberry quick Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Frozen Dinner Rolls
- Little Caesars Breadsticks
Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9 inch loaf pan* with non stick spray.
- Using either an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add in the vanilla, eggs and mashed banana.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared bread pan.Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. It should pass the toothpick test before taking out of the oven.
- Let cool slightly or completely before slicing, according to your preference.